Hair Loss

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brown_eyes

Reaction score
Hiya,

i've noticed that when i wash my hair, i seem to be loosing quite a bit :/ there seems to be quite a bit in the bath plug/drain bit. I've not noticed any bald patches, but my hair does seem thinner than it used to be. I tend to use normal shampoo & conditioners; at the moment i have Herbal Essence. & i only use volumising mousse (which doesn't do what it says on the tin) when it comes to 'products'. Does anyone know why this could be happening??? Thank u :) xoxo

hi, have u ever noticed this before? it can be due to stress, diet, medication or having just given birth!!!!!! also hair grows in stages, growing stage, resting stage and then falling out stage! if u dont have any bald patches then im sure its nothing to worry about, make sure u massage your scalp whilst conditioner is on this helps to stimulate the blood supply and help growth! hope this helps, and do not worry!:D

it has been happening for a while, i first started to really notice it around November - but then during Feb/March, i didn't notice is AS much... but now it seems to have picked up again. I'm not really stressed, i'm only on the pill which i have been on for 6 years, and i have never given birth (nor am i pregnant lol). I'm trying not to worry and get myself worked up about it, but my hair just seem alot finer than normal, and i can't add an ounce of volume into it :( i'm tempted to get some hair extensions....

I've seen some posters in a Chinese herbal medicine shop - about hair loss. I assume it is advertising a shampoo to help with this kind of problem. Do you know anything about these remedies/shampoos?

Hi, you could try switching to a good salon brand of clarifying shampoo
and rinse it really well ,
you may also need a routine blood test from your GP to see if you have any deficiencies , also hair extensions may not be a good idea just yet, so it would be best to wait and see what your GP says first
hth Minky

I second what Minky say, go and have a check up with you doctor.

I dont think Hair extensions will be suitable for you and you will probably find it hard to get anyone to fit them for you due to your hair loss (i personally would not)

If you Gp rules out any medical course, maybe head massage would help This would probably incress the blood flow to your scalp and help the supply of nutrients to your scalp and head.

in the meantime use a good quality salon brand of shampoo and conditioner and try to minimise blowdrying, straightening and tonging.

HTH's and good luck

Deb
xxx

as said i would not worry to much about it, but go to your GP and u will most likely get ur thyroid checked. thyroid problems can cause hair to thin if left untreated. . after you have that and other deficiencys ruled out u can start going down the product route xx

Make sure you are not anaemic...that can cause hair loss.
I'm anaemic and I get iron tablets from the chemist ( prescription ones...not sure if they are any different from over-the-counter type though ) and my hair stopped falling out.

But again it could be many number of reasons and a trip to the doctor wouldn't harm.

Google 'female hair loss' and you will get so much information about this which is unbelievably common...
You might find some information which rings true for your situation and hopefully you can find a cure or even a solution.

Best of luck :hug:...and by the way I am not a 'hair' geek....just someone who researched A LOT about hair loss problems!!!! ( too long a story to go into but it's on the forum :biggrin: )

Hi,

Have you heard about laser hair growth, it stops the progression of hair loss and helps to regrow miniaturized hair follicles. Try googling Revage670, theres videos on youtube as well.

What an awful time you must be having :(

I work with a girl who had noticeably thinning hair and after some research I bought her the nioxin range which is really good for stimulating hair growth. I use it on my very fine hair and even mine s remedy alot fuller.

Hope you find a solution soon x

i can recoennd nioxin it is brill stuff we use it at our salon , really does work xx

Latest posts

Back