Hair loss

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Balayage

Reaction score
Hi. Recently, a master hairdresser told me about castor oil and bay oil. She use it on her husband (who suffers from alopecia) and in about a year of use he got full of new hair. His hair became thicker, etc. So she told me to mix castor and daphne oil together and after warm it, massage it on my head and leave it for hours (even overnight). Many people told me in the past but I only gave it a try for few months. I noticed a big change but I am not sure if it can bring hair on the bald spots. As I suffer from the same condition I give it a try again. Any ideas?

Simply applying oil to your scalp is unlikely to make any difference to normal hair loss. If the follicles are damaged and not producing new hairs, I’d be looking into the cause rather than the symptoms.
However, I think it’s possible that lots of daily head massage on the scalp could help stimulate some new growth, depending on why the hair loss occurred in the first place.

Simply applying oil to your scalp is unlikely to make any difference to normal hair loss. If the follicles are damaged and not producing new hairs, I’d be looking into the cause rather than the symptoms.
However, I think it’s possible that lots of daily head massage on the scalp could help stimulate some new growth, depending on why the hair loss occurred in the first place.
I already went to a dermatologist. He told me that is alopecia. I already plan s hair transplant in the future. At least I try to maintain my hair now and make them look fuller. I have professional Kerastase Homme shampoo and use only professional products. Not even styling. I just wanted to know if oils can help or any other ideas.

Latest posts

Back