Hair makeover

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deb379

Reaction score
If you could have a hair makeover by one of the top stylists who would you go to and why, or have you done it already?

My mum went to Nicky Clarke years ago, someone washed it, someone coloured it, then he popped in and snipped it and someone dried it! lol It did suit her.

I fancy doing something like that but don't know who i'd choose!

Deb379

I'm surprised no one has answered, I thought you were all hairdressers on this bit? Come on help me out lol

Deb379

Hey Deb

I think I would love to go to Lee Stafford because he is out there and edgy. I'm not sure if I would be brave enough though!!! He mite be a bit too edgy for me!!!

Paul Mitchells grandson..can;t remember his name but I remember being mezmerized by him on stage..

Yes same thoughts about Lee Stafford, lol.

Ooh didn't now Paul Mitchell's grandson was out there, will have to do some research on that one.

What about that guy who does the hair on 10 years younger, can't remember his name.

Then there's Nicky Clarke like I mentioned before and an older bloke who wears glasses quite famous but can't remember his name either lol he sometimes advises in hair mags and been on the tele a few times.

Did you see the episode of Totally Naked last week, I thought her hair was amazing, really suited her although I think it did make her look a little older.

Are all the good hairdressers men, don't we have any great women stylists in the UK?

Deb379

Yeah we do have a few female stylists!!
Beverly Corbella, Lisa Shepard, Zoe Irwin.

I don't know why they aren't as well known as the men. Its the same with chefs. You can't name as many top female chefs as you can male.

I think its because women don't need to shout and brag about their talents as much as men do!!!

Andrew Barton is the guy off Ten Years Younger. He's nice and seems really jokey and relaxed with the people on the show.

Debs, do you mean the show "How To Look Good Naked" on channel 4 with Gok Wan? Or is totally naked another show?

What a cool program. It makes women who are normal shapes but conscious learn to love their bodies and not feel ashamed of having a tum or bum or hips. I love the words Gok uses to talk about boobs.

Bristols is my favourite!!!

I would love to have my hair done by Lee Stafford, after seeing him on the scissorhands programm last year - seems real nice and quite laid back. Andrew Barton would be fab to though i think!!

Knew I had the title wrong lol. I think Gok is pretty good.

Where are the women stylists based?

Andrew Barton seems nice, got a real smiley face hasn't he. He's apparently doing a few tours to certain cities offering a free consultation but unfortunately not down my way! However, I've sent them a note asking if can come down to Portsmouth lol

That other guy I was trying to think of was Trevor Sorbie.

Deb379

Adee Phelan would be my choice

He's my bit of rough......oh and he's an ok stylist :green:

Knew I had the title wrong lol. I think Gok is pretty good.

Where are the women stylists based?

Andrew Barton seems nice, got a real smiley face hasn't he. He's apparently doing a few tours to certain cities offering a free consultation but unfortunately not down my way! However, I've sent them a note asking if can come down to Portsmouth lol

That other guy I was trying to think of was Trevor Sorbie.

Deb379

I think LONDON probably! Have you heard of them?

I also know a female stylist called Sally Brooks who is part of a husband and wife team called Brooks and Brooks. She came to my college years ago to do a class and seemed really nice. I see her a lot in HAIR magazine doing features and at awards ceremonies.

Again think she is based in london. Not many big uns based up north!!!

ooooh that lady who was hairdresser of the year three times in a row who made history oooh I remember
it was Beverley Cobella, she is a fantastic hairdresser, Patron of HABIA UK

She was on the salon when Riccardo was on, and she was saying to Paul that Riccardo

couldn't really see how to cut the hair until it was dried off and straightened.

anyway I would like her to do me a hair cut ,or Andrew Barton he really is lovely and yes his eyes are so smiley too:)

Hi everyone

No I've not heard of the ladies, I shall have to check them out.

Thanks for all the info

Deb379

Latest posts

Back