Hair nightmare, help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bell97

Reaction score
Yesterday I went along to my hair appointment to have balayage. My hair is naturally dark brown however I have box dyed it black over the past year. I showed her a picture of what I wanted which was a dark ashy blonde sometimes called 'bronde'. The stylist said it was achievable and would take about 6 hours and be £230.

She started by stripping the box dye from my hair, this left me with my natural brown colour but orange roots. She then put dark brown dye back over the roots and bleach in the ends. Long story short I have been left with very dark roots and orange lengths. I told the stylist that i was unhappy and all she said was that 'I did say we were going to have to fight through the orange' and that I'd have to go back and spend another £100 on babylights?

I'm left not knowing what to do as she never told me it would be more than 1 appointment or cost more than £200. Could anyone advise on how I should proceed as I feel like I am being ripped off.

Last edited:
Sounds like the hairdresser doesn’t really know what they’re doing, used bleach instead of a decent colour remover and has just winged it, rather badly. She certainly shouldn’t be charging you more money to fix what she’s done wrong.

I’d be concerned about the condition of your hair on the mid lengths and ends after the application of box dyes and bleach and I wouldn’t want more bleach applied without it being undertaken by a good competent colourist, at this stage.

I think you need to ask for a refund because she hasn’t done what you wanted doing at the price she initially quoted you and it’s going to cost you more money to get it fixed elsewhere.

The attached pic is what I have ended up with....completely different to dark blonde. I am going to call the salon and ask for a refund. I don’t want to go back to her as I don’t trust her anymore. However I would really still like the dark blonde look. Do you think I should visit another salon and get some advice?

Attachments

• 521F34C8-F66A-4E2C-ADFF-79ED3DF57EB3.jpeg
    521F34C8-F66A-4E2C-ADFF-79ED3DF57EB3.jpeg
    19.8 KB · Views: 66
Did the original salon do a patch test 48 hours before?
If you visit a new salon, ensure they offer you a skin/patch test and that they take a test cutting to check the condition of your hair. Don’t whatever you do, resort to applying more box dyes. It will ruin the condition of your hair and will end up looking patchy.

Yes they did a patch test behind the ear, I have asked for a refund and she suggested a meeting next Wednesday. Do I have any legal rights when it comes to a situation like this? Is there anything you recommend me to say when i see her next week? I have no clue when it comes to thing like this! Thank you for your help.

Latest posts

Back