Hair not nails!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

star chic

Reaction score
I'm thinking about doing a hairdressing course or possibly barbering. Are there any good websites offering advice. Something similar to nailgeek pref because I need decent advice about courses and what to look for and somewhere I can ask the usual 'stupid' questions that you do when you're starting out.

A friend of mine asked me that same question the other day (knowing I spend a great deal of time on the internet when not working) - but I couldn`t help her :cry:

I can now!!!!:D

Thanks lellipop

my sister inlaw has just started her hairdressing course at tech.
she does monday tuesday and wednesday(mature studenst) and her little one goes to the colledge nursery. after being a stay at home mum she is so enjoying it.
i was there thursday last week for her wash and blow dry assessment and they have a fantastic set up.the tutors seem really lovely.
ring your local college and see what they have on offer.
i know she had an interview before she was given the go ahead but she is so loving it.

Thanks had a quick look but can't see much in the way of information. Really looking for a lively site like this one. Will have a closer look later in case I'm missing something!

My local college doesn't have great reputation. A friend started training there a couple of years ago and she said they were shown a cut once and then the tutor left them to it while she went and highlighted a friend's hair! I also did some beauty courses in same place and it wasn't great.

Looking for the insider knowledge!

star chic said:
I'm thinking about doing a hairdressing course or possibly barbering. Are there any good websites offering advice. Something similar to nailgeek pref because I need decent advice about courses and what to look for and somewhere I can ask the usual 'stupid' questions that you do when you're starting out.

Since Lellipop gave you the first address I`ve been on there and found another one - which looks bright and bubbly (like the nail geek website) so thought I`d post it for you incase you don`t see it)

Thank you! Have added it to favourites and will have a look after I've finished here!

Well you are ON IT BABE!! You're HERE. This is what the Hairgeek is for!! :eek:

Well you are ON IT BABE!! You're HERE. This is what the Hairgeek is for!! :eek:

And its come at the right time for me....because i start my nvq 1 and 2 in hairdressing this september, i have had my interview and my confirmation letter, so i am all set and very excited. I seem to have grown a love of hair like i have for nails, both on myself are very important so decided i would like to do the course to compliment the 2 things i love..........bring on the marbella belles...pmsl

Latest posts

Back