Hair | Pantene Tackles How Women Are Defined In The Workplace

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Ed.

Reaction score
Pantene Philippines has launched a powerful campaign pointing out how identical behaviour often earns men and women different labels in the workplace.

There's barely a woman swishing her hair, no images of a shampoo bottle, or a woman rinsing her hair in the shower. Instead Pantene have taken the opportunity to say what we all know but rarely challenge: that double standards exist in the workplace when it comes to men and women.

The #whipit campaign on Twitter has certainly elicited a number of strong responses on the social media site. Comments such as, "Too bad they couldn't find a male equivalent of 'bitch.' This is the one I hear the most about strong women in the workplace" represent the success of this campaign. Others are more cynical: "Sell product by convincing your target market that you are more invested in contributing to emotionally charged, globally relevant women's image issues than you are in advertising your product."

Whatever you think, it's got people talking (and probably buying Pantene).

Watch the ad HERE

Until then...geek on!

The Ed.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-12-12 at 10.31.33.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-12-12 at 10.31.33.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 124
Hmm the man and the woman looking in the mirror... and the woman is called vain? Wouldn't it normally the man that would be called vain for spending too much time in the mirror? :/

I love this, its a clear sign that all of that old way of thinking is absolutely on its way out.

Were all equal at the end of the day, those who choose not to take part, I guess that is thats up to them xoxo

Latest posts

Back