Hair products for mens wavy hair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theyorkshireman

Reaction score
Hi all.. a bloke here but my mum and sister are beauty therapists so be kind ha!
Basically I have short hair and it's quite thick and wavy which I hate because it don't keep my fringe straight. It goes ok for an hour after a shower. Hair straighteners no good.

Is their any hair stuff to keep my hair abit straighter?

Thanks x

Attachments

• 20220130_001654.jpg
    20220130_001654.jpg
    388.6 KB · Views: 12
Hi all.. a bloke here but my mum and sister are beauty therapists so be kind ha!
Basically I have short hair and it's quite thick and wavy which I hate because it don't keep my fringe straight. It goes ok for an hour after a shower. Hair straighteners no good.

Is their any hair stuff to keep my hair abit straighter?

Thanks x
In order for it to stay straight you'll need to dry it straight, before straightening it.
People often make the mistake of trying to straighten their hair when it's still curly and that's not really what straighteners are intended for.
For real lasting effect you need to use a straightening balm/ cream or spray before you dry it. This will keep it straighter for longer and stop it from reacting to humidity.
The beat I've used is kitoko super sleek cream, which if you speak nice to your mum or sister they may be able to get some for you from the suppliers.

In order for it to stay straight you'll need to dry it straight, before straightening it.
People often make the mistake of trying to straighten their hair when it's still curly and that's not really what straighteners are intended for.
For real lasting effect you need to use a straightening balm/ cream or spray before you dry it. This will keep it straighter for longer and stop it from reacting to humidity.
The beat I've used is kitoko super sleek cream, which if you speak nice to your mum or sister they may be able to get some for you from the suppliers.
Cheers mate. I'm abit thick so can you give me instructions? I only currently use head n shoulders Shampoo for my hair, nothing else.

After you've dried it with a towel, you'll need a 5pence piece size of the straightening product, rub it in to your hair. Then just use any kind of flat brush to dry your hair, if you're going to wear it flat then you literally just need to use the brush to push the hair side to side, back and forth until it straightens out.
If you want to lift it / spike it then you'd do the same but brush it backwards when you finish.
Then if you want it smoother or even straighter then use straighteners, the smaller sections of hair you take the better it will be - use a comb when straightening its much easier than trying to use a brush.
And then to finish put in your styling paste / putty etc just make sure what you're putting in over the top is not too wet as that will encourage your hair to curl again.
I hope this helps, any further questions just ask 👌

Latest posts

Back