Hair Question - how to get curls in long hair ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I find curling my hair with the straigtners are the best method for myself its easier than messing with rollers etc and you can make the curl as tight or as loose as you want and also take small or big section just depends on what type of curl you want, the tighter you do it the longer it will last, I tend to do my hair a few hours before i go out as it drops just nice and I Spray heat protector on before I put the curls in, and then a stong holding lacquer as i go along :)

Rosa, KMS do a good setting lotion called 'sculpting lotion' doesn't have too much hold, but just enough, so it doesn't weight fine hair down. Isn't sticky either. Mines fine, but i use small talk by tigi, is more like a blow dry lotion but has a little hold in and gives more volume than a setting lotion. Think you can pick it up off their website if you googled it, or definatly in a salon... Hope thats some help xx

Hi,

I know this is probably going to sound like a really pathetic question, but I'm willing to risk it :lol:

I've got really long (fine-ish) hair. My hair is about 10cm below my shoulders.

I want some loose curls in my hair for an evening do that I'm going to, but my hairdresser is closed on that day !

If I get some biggish velcro rollers, what do I need to do ? Wash hair, put some mouse in, put rollers in with very long arms and wait to dry ?

Is there something else I need to do ?

Marlise

Have you tried GHD's and creation spray? or hot rollers?

Curling with GHDs is really easy. Basically take roughly a 1inch section (pin up the rest, start at the nape) put the straighteners on the hair and turn 360 degrees, pull slowly through the hair.

Don't touch the hair while it's still warm, else the curl will drop. After you've finished, use lots of fine-mist hairspray (Elnett, maybe, or Tigi Headrush for extra shine)

Practice makes perfect, I'm a hairdresser and it's tricky for me to do it on my own. Sometimes I put velcro rollers in too!! :)

Nice one Lelli:)
I can now get my head around how to do it.
I just got to find something that will keep it in my hair so great advise from all:hug:
My ideal hair do is Carrie off of sex and the city. Not as big mind as my hair is way finer.

I always find GHD to be the best, I can not do them myself so I just ask my friend to do them..they are the best looking curls too! If you can probably best to ask someone else to do, I have very long hair and my friend normally takes about an hour and they look perfect! I get so many comments about how nice my hair looks!! :D

Latest posts

Back