Hair re-growth problems

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prettypaws

Reaction score
I had a client today who complained that her underarm hair had grown back just 2 weeks after I waxed it. I wasnt sure what to say. I definitely removed all the hairs. Did I do something wrong? She's coming back next week. Any advice would be great.

:(

Nikki

HI
I s she a regular? If so then does this normally happen?
If the hair had started growing back straight away then it maybe that the hairs were broke off at surface level.
If however they started growing back after 2 weeks then it maybe to do with her growth pattern.
hth

I dont believe waxing is GUARANTEED for a set time is it?? I hear beauticians say it can e hair free UP TO 4-6 weeks. I know when I had my legs waxed 2 weeks was about the time before Id need to go back. I do think it depends on the hair type and obviously the growth rate. Im not a qualified beautician but a hairdresser and hair grows at different rates from what I understand. For instance I am using an epilator now and it lasted 10 days the first time I did it and I had to do it again as the other slow growing hairs werent caught the first time. Maybe other beautician/nail geeks can help you on this.

If she has shaved before then this will happen. It will take about 3 waxes before you get most of the hair in the same anagen phase and then the shaved hair will not be still growing through out of sync. Hope that makes sense.

There are 3 ranges in the hair growth cycle
If every hair in the treated area was at the Anagen stage of growth then the waxing may last 4-6 weeks before regrowth was evident. Unfortunately as every area of our body has all 3 stages of hair growth at any given time, some regrowth before 4-6 weeks is inevitable.

Regrowth can also be affected by hereditary factors, hormones and medication.
Hope this helps

Every body varies at how fast their hair grows, for example i only need to wax my legs every 6-8 weeks, my eyebrows every 2-3 months yet my underarms need doing every 2weeks in the summer maybe 3 in winter. try to explain to your customer that you cannot guarantee how long they will last as everyone is different, but over time they will thin and be much less noticeable.

Thanks for your help. I would just say that it was the first time she had ever had her underarms waxed.

Nikki
x

Prettypaws said:
Thanks for your help. I would just say that it was the first time she had ever had her underarms waxed.

Nikki
x
This is pretty much the norm first time.
I think everything else has already been covered.

Latest posts

Back