Hair removal

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jade Partridge

Reaction score
I am a waxer.... I stopped waxing for a while due to ingrown hairs, now I shave, I exfoliate daily at the minute but 50% of my hairs grown under the skin, I tried waxing a week ago but because my legs are sore from the ingrown hairs its not a good feeling and the hairs were still left under the skin, its like the are growing flat.
please someone reccomend something because in the whole time I have been waxing I have never come across such a horrendous sight. it even irratates my skin when I use shower gel, or olive oil soap.
I have hormone problems and my hairgroth is pretty wild, sometimes I will have 3 hairs coming out of one and if i leave them they are worse than a mans beard (slight exageration)

You've just described my exact problem! Nightmare isn't it! No amount of exfoliating or medicated lotions are helping at all.

But a friend of mine suffered ingrowns and said that a couple of sessions of laser hair removal stopped her ingrowns completely. (That wasn't why she booked them but it helped )
So I'm going to book a couple of sessions and see if that helps. I'll try anything to get rid :(

Not sure how it works but maybe another geek could shed some light on it xx

That's really typical of Mediterranean and Indian clients.

I would suggest that you get some E45 shower gel and body lotion and keep the exfoliation to twice a week. You could be being too rough which makes it worse.

That said, I think that it's just the way your hair grows so if you could stand it, let the hair grow as long as you can and gently exfoliate and moisturise. This will give them a chance to calm down. Then try waxing but follow up with gentle exfoliation only.

Im using a home made sugar scrup and its a fairly light exfoliation, The problem only started recently, I have waxed from 14-22 and now serious problems and also on my bikini area too!!
maybe when I come for more training you can take a look if its not better Kim!
and I dont have a choice not to let them grow a razor or wax ist removing them its like they are all hidden under the first layer of skin. they look like when you put a thin layer of strip wax over, like the layer of skin is creating a barrier.
and lazer was really good on my bikini but then my skin started to burn very badly, but when she reduced the power of the lazer it wasnt getting the hair.

Yeah, I know what you mean ........they're called 'line hairs'. Very common on the clients I mentioned.

Try to eliminate things then and stop using the sugar scrub. Buy some of those ingrown hair pads and wipe them over your legs.

Latest posts

Back