Hair Removal

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raw-beauty

Reaction score
I'm sorry this is not nail related, but I need your professional adivces, please help me! I have hairy legs, and want to buy something to remove them (also my hubby wants to use it to remove his hairs), can anyone suggests any good hair removal can we buy? Also, any good hair removal or good ways to remove upper lip hair? (Ive tried wax, but it makes my up lip feel very itch and painful). Thanks, any advice would be appreciated, xxx

It depends on where your husband wants to remove it from.
I use veet mousse for my hubbies back hair and I go to the local college and have my lip waxed and brows shaped, anywhere else I just use a razor.

bubbabinks said:
It depends on where your husband wants to remove it from.
I use veet mousse for my hubbies back hair and I go to the local college and have my lip waxed and brows shaped, anywhere else I just use a razor.

for his back, chest and legs. thanks xx

Would your hubby not get waxed? That would offer the longest regrowth time and would be far less stubbly and itchy when growing back.

If he's not too keen on the idea of waxing, try Veet Hair Removal Cream or Boot's Own (both good). He could also try the hair 'buffers' that are out now, that you manually buff the hair away with.

As for your upper lip, try bleach. Jolen is good, just be careful how you apply.....see the recent hair bleaching thread....

http://www.thenailgeek.com/chit-chat/35002-jolen-facial-bleach.html#post356393

How do you get a man to wax??? lol

My fella is not hairy hairy but i think he'd look better with a bare chest, I keep bugging him bout it but he's not budging!!! ha ha!!!

any useful tips!!??

xxxxxxxxxxxx

I use laser hair removal for my bikini area and underarms. I have a tattoo on my leg so I can't have my legs done. I used to shave, then moved to waxing and it just hurt too much and wasn't effective enough. Now, after less than a year, my unwanted bikini hair is gone and my armpit hair are almost gone for good too! I wish I'd done it sooner.
Michele

cool, it sounds a bit painful, what is the process hun???
is it pricy???

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I don't know what the $$ conversion is but I used to pay $30 (with tip) for one bikini wax. I had to go every 6 weeks since it's not permanent. It was tolerable but fairly painful for me. For 4 sessoins of laser it's $252 but after less than a year (I've bought two packages) my bikini area is pretty much done and my underarms have probably two more sessions to go and they'll be done permanently.
I'm sure there are different kinds of laser. The kind my tech uses is this: it shoots out a burst of cool water/mist and then the laser hits right after that. She keeps a cool wet cloth and puts it over the area after 9 or 10 zaps. She can do my underarms and bikini area in about 20 minutes! My experience with it is that it's been much LESS painful than waxing, with the added benefit that it's permanent eventually for more people. If it's something that you can cover monetary-wise, I'd suggest anyone looking into it. I love having had it done. My husband does too!
Michele

Latest posts

Back