Hair Removal

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StarrySkies

Reaction score
Hi,
I really hate my pubic hair... it's not thick but its dark and I only feel smooth for about 30 mins after shaving.. then I can practically feel the re-growth.
I'm really embarrased about getting my 'area' waxed... should I be? Is this common? I would want all the hair gone.. I think that's what they call a Hollywood.

I also want to ask about electrolysis and laser hair removal.. do home kits work, like the ones you can buy from Argos? They probably don't, but I wanted to hear it from a professional.

Find yourself a real wax pro. Sounds to me as though the hair is being broken off rather than waxed.

Have a Brazilian every 4 weeks for the first 3 or 4 appointment and you will be amazed at how much the hair will reduce. If I'm wrong, then when you're down my way, I'll wax you for free.

After this, you may be able to leave longer gaps between your appointments. You could always use a nice conditioner in the shower to soften the remaining hair. xxx

Ps. Don't feel shy about it. xxx

Last edited:
I really wouldn't be embarrassed when going for an intimate wax! Your therapist will have seen it all before - many many times - and should be able to put you at ease.

And definitely take Kim (The Wax Queen) up on her offer too. From what I have heard so far, she is a waxing genius!

It's amazing that what so many people think is something wrong with them is quite common. I have seen hundreds of bikini lines and so far have never been shocked by the hairgrowth. Don't be shy, the therapist would not be offering the treatment if they were not happy performing it. You're doing them a favour by giving them business! :hug:

You really don't have to feel embarrased about having downstairs waxed off....so many salons/spa's/therapists offer this treatment now as it is VERY common...much better than shaving!! I've also heard that once you have it done once you'll never go back to shaving EVER again!!! I'm just building up the courage to have it done myself as I reckon I am going to cry my eyes out with the pain!!! 'But as they say no pain no gain eh!!' Go on go for it :hug:

It'll be a lot less painful than you think - if you go to an experienced and reputable salon. Go for it and you'll never go back to itchy shaving.

Thank you so much... I feel so much better about it!!

Latest posts

Back