Hair salon???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JOM

Reaction score
Hi,

what do you normally pay for hair salon services?

Mens normal short back and sides = £7
Mens shaven = £5
Ladies Wet Cut = ?
Cut & tint = ?
Top up tints = ?
Full head tint = ?
2 colour tint = ?
Perm = ?
etc etc/?

thanks

Are you thinking of branching out into hair too ?

Well, like Nails... the prices vary regionally.

This depends on Stylist/Senior Stylist etc etc.. or can depend on length of hair. Why not get the price lists from the local hairdressers around and keep your prices the same or similar. .

Are you thinking of branching out into hair too ?
don't want to say too much but yeah, diff location... the bank have already agree'd to put me further into debt to fund the project :eek:

Cool ! If you need any help or advise,feel free to pm me !

don't want to say too much but yeah, diff location... the bank have already agree'd to put me further into debt to fund the project :eek:

Banks are good like that :lol:

go round your local area, pick up afew pricelists of ring round asking for prices - i would, i did the same when i started out with nails xx

i would have said, charge what youre worth, if you employ very experienced senior stylists, then i would expect to pay more than say the salon down the road, etc,
dont fall into the trap of trying to compete on prices,
people arent silly, if the get a great job then they are prepared for it
imho

Different salons charge different prices it all depends on where you go and who you have.
I like to treat myself to my hair and dont mind paying i think when they do a good job there is no question about it imo.
Good luck

go round your local area, pick up afew pricelists of ring round asking for prices - i would, i did the same when i started out with nails xx

This is a great idea, as prices vary so much regionally it'll be good for you to see how much others are charging in your area!! I pay about £25 for a cut and blow dry at the mo
HTH

Hope the venture goes well!! Good luck!!

Any advise is welcome.

I will get people to get some price lists for me.

Price wise I want to be in the middle of whatever local prices are.
Same script as with the beauty salon, nice fuss/clutter free clean environment, easy going, not high end, not budget, no big unique selling point apart from better customer service and quality than others people in our area.

I am also debating the other side of this new venture being male grooming but thats very much on a back burner as the call for it in my area is probably not huge.
Anyone know how I could conduct market research for male grooming?

I am thinking in this order of priority:
- Unisex hair (mostly aimed at women)
- Beauty, nails still offered for the girls but tried to direct to our nearby existing salon,
(maybe male grooming at this new place but not directed at all to the already existing salon).
- Tanning (sunbeds and spray)

use the price lists as a guide, if your staff are better trained/qualified charge more

As said already you need to look into all the salons in the surrounding area to where you want yours and check out their price lists. you also should try and find out why the prices are different from shop to shop. Actually make and apt and have your hair done or send in someone to have their hair done. Find out what the customer service is like as this can make a difference in what you can charge. I worked in a hair salon for 13 years. We were one of the most expensive in our area but were also the one that was always packed to the door.

Latest posts

Back