Hair snapping off!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 19740

Reaction score
Help!!! (Everytime I post on this forum I seem to be asking for advice after some sort of hair disaster :rolleyes:)

I have very dark brown hair (coloured) jaw length. Used to be very blonde. Had a few disasters with it recently i.e dyed it black and had to strip it. Anyway, wanting to go - eventually, to a caramel light brown colour with blonde H/L's.

Started the process yesterday by having a few highlights thru the top. The hairdresser put 12% on it first to lift it up and then after it'd lifted put an 8-0 on it to take it to a light brown colour. Was this the right thing to do? Only asking this because the colour has always seemed to go on in one shot before, not a two-stage process.

My hair has broken off at the ends where the H/L's were put in. Any suggestions on how to minimise any further damage?? I have various hair treatments at home and use them regularly (Osmo, TIGI Honey & Oatmeal, Fudge Dynamite etc). Realistically I want a further set of H/L again in a few weeks. Will this be possible?

When I used to have a full head of blonde H/L I never had a problem with it snapping off. I am naturally dark brown.

Any advice would be very, very much appreciated!!! :cry:

going blond from a natural colour is very differant from going blonde from a permanant artificial colour . going lighter from a permanant colour is quite harsh on the hair because bleach almost always has to be used - sometimes even on semi-permanat if the colour has built up . the reason they probably put another colour on it is because going lighter from a artificial dark colour can throw up tones that are bright red,yellow or orange .
What to do now - id use a deep conditioner that strengthens not moisturises and wait until your roots are at least an inch long before going to have some test pieces done to see what level of colouring would be best for your hair .

Thanks Liana, any recommendations for conditioner?

Latest posts

Back