Hair station rental - deposit?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nailz73

Reaction score
Hi all..

Am thinking of renting out the hair stations that are existing in the salon I am about to lease.

I am thinking the best and simplest way would be a weekly rental..

Would it be appropriate to ask for a deposit ..say 1 week in advance ...returnable if renter leaves ?..

any thoughts

Sarah..

What I mean is why a deposit that would be returned? Do you need cash? That's how it sounds?
They should pay in advance anyway and your contract should state a notice period to leave & that any damage to the area is to be paid for by them anyway, what's the need for a deposit?

What I mean is why a deposit that would be returned? Do you need cash? That's how it sounds?
They should pay in advance anyway and your contract should state a notice period to leave & that any damage to the area is to be paid for by them anyway, what's the need for a deposit?

thanks for comment, now youve made me feel rather cheeky for even thinking and asking question. lol..

anyway, as this is my first salon, i am finding out about the chair rental system.. hence my question.. i want everything to be right in the hair section.. if that makes sense..

so basically is it the done thing to ask for a deposit or rather a week rental in advance.. say they are renting from me a set £75, i can ask for £75 in advance..

have so much going on to get this running, sometimes i sit and think about something and mind goes blank.. always someone here to put things back on level..

sarah xx

was also curious as to what different people do.. with chair rentals as well..

:O)

The way I do it is say they were starting on Monday morning I'd expect payment Monday morning or before of £75 then every week before the week starts, my lady pays me every Saturday for the next week

thank you kahuna

that makes sense now in my addled brain.. so much to think about behind the scenes you forget where its going sometimes..lol..and i sat a nd thought .. oo am i supposed to be taking a deposit..

maybe i worded it wrong but thank you for help.. :O)..

sarah x

thank you kahuna

that makes sense now in my addled brain.. so much to think about behind the scenes you forget where its going sometimes..lol..and i sat a nd thought .. oo am i supposed to be taking a deposit..

maybe i worded it wrong but thank you for help.. :O)..

sarah x

I just wouldn't bother with a deposit because they might think it's like a bond so repairs would come out of it, £75 isn't going to fix a broken cuboard or mirror for example so I jus state in the contract all repairs are to be paid for, also, honestly my stylist would have thought I was just being greedy if I asked for a deposit aswell lol, a contract is by far the best tool you can have to cover you when your renting out stations, good luck!! X

yep am working contract templates at the moment.. thats when i thought about this lol.. and thought shall ask for the rent before they start or when they've worked a week..

i put deposit in the wrong context.. excuse my confusion :O)..

xx

Yea always before, otherwise you could allow them to make thousands of pounds in a week and come rent day they could just disappear! I'd be fuming lol, no need to apologise it's good to ask questions

Kahuna is correct, you can't ask for a deposit, but rents to be paid weekly/monthly in advance. That's also. Flat rate 52 weeks of the year. Irrelevant if they have a holiday or time off sick, rents still need to be paid.

Confusion is a lifestyle - not a state of mind :eek:

Latest posts

Back