hair straighteners which ones?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My sister has always used straighteners since they first came out on the market and she has been through nearly every brand imaginable.

When I told her last month I was gonna get some, she advised the Babyliss ceramic pro 230 ones.

I got the new style, the cordless and how fab are they?? they have a little docking station that semi re-heats every time you put them down whilst taking another section!

I cant believe I have been so long without them!

... AND.. they dont wake up Ali early in the morning like the hairdryer used to!! LOL

I use CHS ones and I have Afro Hair they are fab they have variable heat guage up to 230 degrees. I think they are as good as GHD's (IMO) and they only cost about £30 from Sally's (they had a special offer at the time). HTH

I heard ceramic ones work BEST, and last longer, they heat up evenly as to not damage your hair and they straighten it to a T!

Best Wishes

Fhi are about £60.00 inc vat variable temp up to 232 degrees,i couldn't be without mine x

I forgot to say,these are a pro brand hth x

i use these too i must be the only person who doesn`t like GHD straighteners. i much prefer the FHI ones as they have a variable temp control unlike the GHDs as they don`t. a few of my clients have GHDs and i keep telling them to turn them off wait a min for them to cool down before they straighten the front of their hair as they keep burning it , and its all because the straighteners are too hot now if they had the FHI ones they could turn the heat down a notch and know that they wouldn`t be burning their hair!!:idea:

Someone who sells ghd's on ebay also sells some called she so at the price I paid I thought they were worth trying even if I only got 6-8 mths out of them and they are identical in looks. We tested them with ghd's and there is ab. no difference. I paid about £25 inc P&P. Even good as a backup pair.

i use these too i must be the only person who doesn`t like GHD straighteners. i much prefer the FHI ones as they have a variable temp control unlike the GHDs as they don`t. a few of my clients have GHDs and i keep telling them to turn them off wait a min for them to cool down before they straighten the front of their hair as they keep burning it , and its all because the straighteners are too hot now if they had the FHI ones they could turn the heat down a notch and know that they wouldn`t be burning their hair!!:idea:

No hun i don't like ghd either lol.

People don't beleive i am a hairdresser because my hair is long and in great condition :green: ,imo FHI are more have more advanced technology than some other brands .

Yes, I have never had the GHD but my sister says they are cr*p!

And with that scare on Watchdog about nearly burning that girls house down I wasnt off to buy a set anyway!

The Babyliss 230 pro have a variable heat dial which is good, but I always use them at its hottest and never burn my hair.. maybe its because I keep them moving and not on one piece?
I am hardly a professional on the techniqalities of straightening, LOL, but I have long thick hair down my back to my bottom and its very wavy if I dont blowdry it.

These straighteners have been a god send! LOL

Ghd's Definatly are my favorite! I just have to remember to unplug them all the time!

I've had some HairTool ones for about 4 years, identical to GHD's - never had any problems with them. Saw some neon coloured (orange, pink, green and yellow) straighteners in Sallys the other day, so might get some for xmas! :)

I have Kodo. I used a friends first to make sure I liked them before I bought them - they have been fab. They have the bevelled edge so that you can use them to do curls too. (so I'm told!!!)

HTH

i have had my straighteners for years but they have just broke down on me now and i need some new ones. OMG which ones do i choose i know nothing about hair straighteners what so ever, all i want is quick heat and once down the hair and it's done which ones do i choose. I have short hair to my shoulders and my daughter has lovely long blonde hair.

Any reccommendations please nothing over the top for price though.

I've used KODOS for the last 2 years - cost £55 from Dennis Williams and they never let me done.

I was tempted to buy some GHDs but i know one too many people that have had theirs SET ON FIRE :eek: whilst in use, which was enought to put me off.

I do recommend that which ever you buy that you always use a protect syrum or spray when stratighting and apply a hair mask once a week

HTH

I have Kodo. I used a friends first to make sure I liked them before I bought them - they have been fab. They have the bevelled edge so that you can use them to do curls too. (so I'm told!!!)

HTH
kodo straightners are in the same league as FHI ones the premiership lol:green: :lol:

Get a pair of GHDs. I couldn't live without mine (I have had them about 18 months now). They are worth every penny.

its an old thread i know, but after being a die-hard ghd fan, i am now converted to T3's and donated my ghd's to mum, im really loving my T3's :)

GHDs are supposed to be fab and those FIH ones too
Hair tools are also good at a reasonable price , they also make the FIH ones
also I like the Remington too for instant high continuous heat. x

Latest posts

Back