Hair stuck in skin

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tracey xox

Reaction score
Hairdresser problems!
Has anyone ever had a hair stuck in their skin from a client?
Since monday I just cannot get it out of my thumb! Soaked in warm water, tried needle and tweezers!
Any other tips to try?

Hairdresser problems!
Has anyone ever had a hair stuck in their skin from a client?
Since monday I just cannot get it out of my thumb! Soaked in warm water, tried needle and tweezers!
Any other tips to try?
Try a plaster, it usually draws foreign objects out closer to the surface.
I take it it's not sat near the surface?
I hate hair splinters!

Try a plaster, it usually draws foreign objects out closer to the surface.
I take it it's not sat near the surface?
I hate hair splinters!
Ooh will try that, thanks, no it’s seemed to have dug down, probably should’ve tried something else sooner!
never had this before but it’s right on tip of my thumb, it’s annoying that’s for sure!

Ooh will try that, thanks, no it’s seemed to have dug down, probably should’ve tried something else sooner!
never had this before but it’s right on tip of my thumb, it’s annoying that’s for sure!
Just keep an eye on it, if it's there too long it might get infected 🙈

Just keep an eye on it, if it's there too long it might get infected 🙈
🤢 let’s hope not!!
I’ve just put a plaster on so will see in morning, thank x

Oh I'm sure baking powder under the plaster helps speed it up.

Here you go :) good luck :p

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210513-230906.png
    Screenshot_20210513-230906.png
    1,000.6 KB · Views: 46
I get them all the time and they are so sore. I read that of you don’t get them out they disintegrate and don’t do any harm. I do find leaving them a few days for the skin to toughen then dig them out

Oh I have had loads of these in very strange places and yes they can be painful. The plaster works but if you make a cross with two plasters it helps plus savlon or similar with help to keep germs at bay

You can also get Drawing Ointment from chemist.

I get them all the time and they are so sore. I read that of you don’t get them out they disintegrate and don’t do any harm. I do find leaving them a few days for the skin to toughen then dig them out
Thanks, was worried about infection, had it in nearly a week now and can still feel it!

The ointment that draws out splinters you can buy in the chemist is called...Mag Sulf Paste

Latest posts

Back