Hair style customer requests and hairdressers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snugglepuss

Reaction score
This may have been better in chit chat???? if it should have been, then apologies :hug:

Hair messers can I ask you a question? (ok several :lol:)

If someone asks you for a particular style such as an inverted bob - is there any reason why you would not do one when it has been requested by a client??

Would I suit an inverted bob (I think I would but opinions errr welcome :Scared:)

Are inverted bobs still fashionable?

Am I too old to have long hair? (doesn't matter now as most of it has gone :eek:)

Do you get comfy with a certain cut???

I'm interested as we often say with regard to nail length, that we go with what the client has asked for - not what is best for them!

I really wanted an inverted sleek bob, but was hesitant and ended up with something totally different - went along with the hairdresser - still looks good (it's like my old avatar piccie from a while back)!

ho la

lets see a picci then missus.

why didn't you have the style you wanted?

The inverted bob is certainly the most asked for style at the moment, but you need to be in experienced hands, what i am trying to say is some stylists just can't do them!

The only time i 'dissuade' a client from a particular style is if i don't think it would suit her as in her face shape, hair type, life style etc etc.

My clients trust me and usually listen to my advice.

looking at you i think a nice sleek bob would look good but i cant tell with the hat on and no profile view, also hair type.

Your not too old at all:hug: after all your only 21 arn't you? :wink2:xx

Thanks Tracey :hug: - I like to hide under my hat :lol:

Well I asked - she said "ooo good idea"

Had the weave highlights/lowlights and colour, then said "we'll keep it a bit longer with some layers"

not got a piccie at the moment but have uploaded the old piccie/avatar - hair is fine but plenty of it and I have had "normal" bobs before and "choppy" bobs

Thank you :hug:

BTW the piccie is on my errrr 21st birthday - 3 years ago and it has been cut from length of avatar pic (took about 3 weeks ago) to the length on the pic below :)

Don't get me wrong I like it - I just prob think I should have gone the whole hog iykwim but felt on reflection I was never going to get the cut I wanted!

Attachments

• colin's phone 002.jpg
    colin's phone 002.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 44
Thanks Tracey :hug: - I like to hide under my hat :lol:

Well I asked - she said "ooo good idea"

Had the weave highlights/lowlights and colour, then said "we'll keep it a bit longer with some layers"

not got a piccie at the moment but have uploaded the old piccie/avatar - hair is fine but plenty of it and I have had "normal" bobs before and "choppy" bobs

Thank you :hug:

ah thats how i remeber you xx

Go for a bob it will look great xx

ps dont forget pics

hmmm let me see

personally when people ask me what they think would suit them, i ask them what there limitations are.. about there job (some people have to tie there hair back with food etc) if they have had there hair short in the past.. were they happy with it, all different little questions to try and build up info so i can see wether the client would overall be happy with the result and also looking at clients face shapes can help to determind wether a style will suit them or not (there are several face shapes though)

then if i thought the style wouldnt suit them i wouldnt tell them but advise them that maybe something different would suit them, its not the same but a few clients have asked for frindges and ive advised them against it, firstly i explain why and then show them , and 9 times out of 10 people do listen to you, but in the past i have had clients that say i want my hair done this way and thats that lol..

im from south wales and as far as i know inverted bobs or "pobs" are still very much fashionable down this way and clients still come in requesting them and even askto grow out there current style into a inverted bob (even though it is a long process from short styles)

as far as being comfy with a certain style from personal experience i find older people do like to keep to the same style they get scared of change as they are used to the same cut and stylist doing there hair for x amount of years.. the most important thing to remember is hair grows back and change is as good as the rest but saying that for most people there hair is there crowning glory and its one of the first thing people see so changing it too much can be a bit of a shock going from long to short etc

if ur hesitant about going for it try doing it in stages go shorter gradually go for a longer inverted bob at first and go from there

pssst just seen ur piccy i think it would suit you GO FOR IT lol

sorry for rambling on but hope this helps a bit :hug:

Thank you both - I really appreciate your comments and advice :hug:

I do agree, that it can be a bit of a shock going from long to short in one go!

For me - I am determined this year will be a - shall I say fashion changing year :green:

Thanks again for your comments:hug:

let us know how u get on :hug:

good luck x

Latest posts

Back