Hair trouble

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarah_20

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Everytime I wash my hair as I rinse out the conditioner, 20 to 30 strands of my hair come out, it's like pulling on the ends and hair just keeps coming out in full strands. I don't know what to do, I have medium to thick hair and it is quite dry at the minute. I never use the hair dryer or straightener, I let my hair dry naturally every time I wash it and colour my hair once every 3 months.

Please help.

Hi guys,

Everytime I wash my hair as I rinse out the conditioner, 20 to 30 strands of my hair come out, it's like pulling on the ends and hair just keeps coming out in full strands. I don't know what to do, I have medium to thick hair and it is quite dry at the minute. I never use the hair dryer or straightener, I let my hair dry naturally every time I wash it and colour my hair once every 3 months.

Please help.
Is this a new trait that your hair has taken on?

No it has been like this for about 2 years now.
Okay, have you changed anything at all in the last 2years? Diet?, hair regime?, medication?
Just so you know, hair fall when washing is normal. We can loose around a 100 hairs a day.
Sometimes it can be something simple like yiu didn't brush your hair before going in the shower, hence the hair fall being more noticeable.

Okay, have you changed anything at all in the last 2years? Diet?, hair regime?, medication?
Just so you know, hair fall when washing is normal. We can loose around a 100 hairs a day.
Sometimes it can be something simple like yiu didn't brush your hair before going in the shower, hence the hair fall being more noticeable.
Not really, when I was pregnant none of my hair fell out I had my baby 3 months ago and my hair has started coming out again, I was my hair every 4 or 5 days. I take multivitamins everyday also, is my hair like chewing gum or what does this mean?

I'm also very interested in this @ronray do you have any advice my hair is like this at times

Not really, when I was pregnant none of my hair fell out I had my baby 3 months ago and my hair has started coming out again, I was my hair every 4 or 5 days. I take multivitamins everyday also, is my hair like chewing gum or what does this mean?
Okay it can take a long time sometimes for mums to loose hair after having a baby. You don't loose any hair while you're pregnant, but in the coming months you can expect to loose all the hair you kept hold of during the pregnancy. If you feel that you're loosing more than what you've gained, I would strongly advise you that you see your GP when you're able to do so. It could be that you're deficienct in something.
As for your hair being like chewing gum, is it like this from the roots? Is it coloured? And have you coloured it since having the baby?

Last edited:
I'm also very interested in this @ronray do you have any advice my hair is like this at times
If it's pregnancy related then please see above advice.
If not, and this is more of a regular thing, then it is more than likely the hair growth cycle.
Out hair has resting and growing periods. During the resting periods is where you will loose hair, new and old. During the growing period you will notice new hairs / baby hairs etc...
Sometimes when this is out of sync, it can leave your hair slightly thinner as it may shed a little too much. Usually this can be helped with a shampoo and conditioner that is designed to reset your growth cycle.
One I highly recommend is Kitok Age prevent cleanser and balm, use with the scalp tonic for best results. It's completely natural, vegan friendly, paraben, silicone, sulphate and mineral oil free.

It's very different from a regular shampoo. I'll explain more if you're interested.

Latest posts

Back