Hair up competition help !!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Geeks ! just wanting a bit of advice on what to do about entering a competition, Ive never done one before and really wanting to have a bash at it, i love hair up and think im pretty good, im always doing it in salon and my boss has told me to have a go, but only thing is i don't know were to start... so any help would be great, im also from West Yorkshire.

Hi Geeks ! just wanting a bit of advice on what to do about entering a competition, Ive never done one before and really wanting to have a bash at it, i love hair up and think im pretty good, im always doing it in salon and my boss has told me to have a go, but only thing is i don't know were to start... so any help would be great, im also from West Yorkshire.

Start with a brief. Plan your look around icons, inspirations and ideas, then build on them, if you don’t feel the look, then scrap it and start again. It might seem like a waste of time but honestly trust me, if your heart isn’t in the hair, then it won’t work.

Second: Supplies, what will you need? Make sure you have everything on hand.

Third: Model? who is it, will it need cutting? Colouring? Is she comfortable with the look? is she confident?

Fourth: Hair trial run, after you have prepped the hair, go for a trial run, do the exact same thing you have on your brief, and then you see the finished look more clearly. You can now tweak it, or start again if you wish.

Fifth: The event? the theme and the place. Make sure you know how to get there, where you will be working, where to go, who to see, what to do, and what time you need to be there. Organisation is the key.

Sixth: Finale run through of the whole night, from dress rehearsal, to make-up to hair, to catwalk to everything! Leave NOTHING to chance.
Seventh: Have fun!

Here is a pic of my recent hair show - marylin monroe inspried. 564360_323481521056502_100001839712601_815340_734286822_n.jpg 533403_323481037723217_100001839712601_815337_1647575960_n.jpg

Latest posts

Back