Hair up help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrselliott

Reaction score
Ok so hair up isn't really my forte and I haven't done it in years! A friend really wants me to do her wedding hair, but I have no idea where to start lol. Step by step guide would be amazing lol.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1361816310.119589.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1361816310.119589.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 229
Thats pretty ! :)
i would roller her hair first to get it all smooth and you will have more control of hair . Section the hair from ear to ear , push the hair behind ears away into clip. The front section has a lovely plait , do this , secure. Then backcomb crown ( leave millimetre section out in very front of backcomb , so you can smooth over backcombed hair and it will look neater . Grab individual sections at the back and twist ever so slightly , not too much as dont want to make hairup look like a 90s throw back. Do barrel rolls but intertwine and secure. Then you deal with front section , loosely pin back , be careful not to scrape , dont want a matronly look ;-). and incorporate into the back . plenty of shine and hairspray ;-) xxx

Ok so hair up isn't really my forte and I haven't done it in years! A friend really wants me to do her wedding hair, but I have no idea where to start lol. Step by step guide would be amazing lol.

Well thats a tricky one to start with lol. Firstly i'd curl it all, always seems to make hair ups easier!
Id section off crown to ear forward on both sides, and a triangle (point down) at the crown too. Clip all that forward out the way. Then pin from the sides in at the back toward the occipital bone.
The sides look quite detailed but seem to start at the bottom so in small sections bring that first one up and cross over the other ones. Might have to leave a section out and loop through afterwards.
Backcomb top the make a quiff then you should be left with lots of hair in the middle to loop and barrel xxx

Thanks guys, now u have put it like that it makes sence!

I will do but won't be just yet x

Good luck know how you feel hair up isn't my forte either , I never got on with it Xx

I used to do it years ago when I was in the salon, just haven't hAd the practice for a while!

Would u curl on heated rollers or with irons?

Latest posts

Back