Hair up/occasion hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicky_Loves

Reaction score
Hi..
Basically I was curious about what you all done when learning about the above.
Ive been doing hair for over 5years and have done hair ups+wedding hair (but no brides yet)
This is my least confident subject but I want it to be one of my main ones! I am probably being overly critical but I know my flaws.
I've also went self employed in a make up studio and as u might guess she is chock full busy during wedding season and I sometimes feel not good enough.

I basicly wanted to know if anyone had any tips or know of any good dvds/books/links on you tube for me....I watch vids on there all the time..I know practice makes perfect so I want to work my socks off...
Thanks N x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I am the same, hair ups are not where my talents lie. Patrick Cameron has some good step by step DVDs on hair up, we watch them at college and I find them very helpful x

I have always said hair up is a talent and its a talent i unfortunatly wasnt blessed with. I thinj that im good then i see someone elses work and think no im really not that good. I absolutly love patrick camerons work. I have him suscribed on you tube. I feel your pain! X

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek mobile app

Me neither i can colour no worries but struggle with hair ups. I have spent hours on you tube looking up different techniques as my worst bit if getting started lol I've learnt heaps I suggest to do the same xx

I love hair ups and love doing brides hair, I would definitely agree with everyone else patrick cameron is the hair up god, his videos teach you little tips. He does hair that you think wow how is that done and once he's done it step by step it's amazing. One thing I would advise is to have good hair up accessories obviously like all your different pins and hair pads are great! Patrick cameron sells them on his website but you can get them cheaper from eBay has to be the ones with hair inside them tho because they are easily manipulated the sponge ones are rubbish. Don't be to harsh on yourself. X

Im glad im not the only one! Thanks for your replies. I spend hours watching videos then when I have someone infront of me my mind goes blank! I need to go bk to basics I think.
Ive hear patrick Cameron is thee man so I am sef going to see what I can treat myself too.
Valid point about the accessories, ive been meaning to pick peoples brain on this, where is the best place to get kirbys..sallys have the worst ones going! Ha

N x

Check out Sharon blain. She's amazing. She does things that look really complex and are actually quite simply to achieve. She also has an app called longhairhow2 and you can either pay per style that you want to see, or subscribe ($20 a month, really cheap) and have unlimited access to all the styles.

I suggest working with one style/ technique at a time to practice. Get a long hair dolls head and do one style. Keep doing it till you feel confident with the style, the play around with it, making variations, or combining it with the previous style you practiced. They won't stay in you head unless you've done them.

Check out Sharon blain. She's amazing. She does things that look really complex and are actually quite simply to achieve. She also has an app called longhairhow2 and you can either pay per style that you want to see, or subscribe ($20 a month, really cheap) and have unlimited access to all the styles.

I suggest working with one style/ technique at a time to practice. Get a long hair dolls head and do one style. Keep doing it till you feel confident with the style, the play around with it, making variations, or combining it with the previous style you practiced. They won't stay in you head unless you've done them.

Thanks cassie I will look into that tomorow! X

I second that! Sharon Blain's techniques are very straightforward, easy to follow, and very effective.
And get that mannequin head out and practice different styles and once you're confident mix up different techniques to create different styles. :)

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks guys..just the boost I needed x

Latest posts

Back