Hair update

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scrubadub

Reaction score
I haven’t been on here on ages as I liked the app so haven’t been posting.

I have my hair done this year and managed to get it colour corrected and I’m pretty happy with it but it’s not at what I was aiming for, what do I ask for when I go next time?

1st photo before any colour and after loads was cut off, it was almost to my butt

2nd after first colour

3rd done on wednesday

4th aim photo

Attachments

• 3AD44EF9-19B4-40CD-9DA5-A34EC33AB13F.jpeg
    3AD44EF9-19B4-40CD-9DA5-A34EC33AB13F.jpeg
    638.8 KB · Views: 34
  • 514C6F84-5744-4C88-BB7E-11108F015B2B.jpeg
    514C6F84-5744-4C88-BB7E-11108F015B2B.jpeg
    244.9 KB · Views: 35
  • F25FEBBB-B219-476E-87A5-16D1A12DBBAD.jpeg
    F25FEBBB-B219-476E-87A5-16D1A12DBBAD.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 38
  • 14C217B3-DBF9-4E6B-9534-5BF9ADBB8915.jpeg
    14C217B3-DBF9-4E6B-9534-5BF9ADBB8915.jpeg
    869.9 KB · Views: 36
What have they advised you during your consultations? Have they explained how they intend to get your to your desired look?

Your hair looks quite dry and there’s lots of split ends which isn’t uncommon with very long hair. Depending on how quickly your hair grows the longer lengths could be anything from 5-7 years old so if you imagine how many times it’s been shampooed, blow dried, straightened, curled, coloured, etc... it’s not really surprising.

When you lighten hair, it exposes the natural red and orange pigments that are inside your hair strands and that’s what you’re seeing here in the third picture. When they lift it light enough, I expect that they will add colour to it to neutralise and tone it so that it looks more like the colour in picture 4.

What have they advised you during your consultations? Have they explained how they intend to get your to your desired look?

Your hair looks quite dry and there’s lots of split ends which isn’t uncommon with very long hair. Depending on how quickly your hair grows the longer lengths could be anything from 5-7 years old so if you imagine how many times it’s been shampooed, blow dried, straightened, curled, coloured, etc... it’s not really surprising.

When you lighten hair, it exposes the natural red and orange pigments that are inside your hair strands and that’s what you’re seeing here in the third picture. When they lift it light enough, I expect that they will add colour to it to neutralise and tone it so that it looks more like the colour in picture 4.

Hi AcidPerm, thanks for getting back to me.

well it’s been done by two different hairdressers, COVID forced this and I wasn’t 100% happy with the first one for several reasons (consultation wasn’t done with the stylist who was working on my hair, not getting me back in for another strand test when mine snapped cause they took it from a section they knew they were going to cut off, inconsistent colour from the front to the back of the hair on the dark sections not the lightened bits, some weird placements of some of the foils)

the second lady I have just been to we talked about what I wanted and showed her the pic and that and obviously we went through what she was gonna do, I just want to make sure I get to the end goal I want! She did a lot of balayage to soften up what they did on it last time and lighten more of the hair

she did use olaplex when lightening it which is always a plus for me and I am using osmo intensive deep repair regularly which has definitely helped with the condition but happy to take advice from you on if there is other stuff you think I should use instead or as well?

I was thinking more about the colour difference in the picture of my target between the dark and the light as I don’t seem to have that much at the moment obviously I know the blonde needs to be lighter for more contrast but just want to make sure she is doing the right things to get it there as I just worry :)

Latest posts

Back