Hair Volumiser/Thickener

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mani-fique!

Reaction score
Hi there, after trying various hair volumisers without much success over the years I wondered if any of you out there could recommend one.

My hair is fine but there is alot of it. Its fairly long and layered, prone to frizziness, goes dry with split ends and goes greasy at the roots. I have to wash it every other day but even the second day its totally flat and lifeless and the look definately doesn't suit me lol. Within half hour of curling or styling its going all limp and the curls drop out despite using hairspray to 'hold' it. It ends up looking totally yuk like I've not bothered with it and its driving me nuts! Can anyone help me pleeeease before I go and chop it all off!!

I love tigi, shine junkie is great for smoothing the split/flyaway bits x

I have just discovered the Ojon range of natural hair products from QVC believe me they are brilliant, my fine flyaway hair feels so much thicker, but really soft and shiney.

Joan

regis design line root boost for me ive tried loads and this is the best not too expensive either

I use Tigi thickening shampoo & conditioner & Superstar blow drying lotion, If i want some serious big hair :)

Tigi have got some xmas kits out with four products for volumising at £25 indivdually they cost about £40 ive just bought one for myself and its made a big difference.

Thanks guys I'll suss out your suggestions. You just might save me from chopping it all off lol :hug:

Bombini girl has got it right. After 30 odd yrs of having naff hair I found Superstar blowdrying lotion.:green: I also use After Party cream to tame the flyaway bits and Adrenaline (all by Tigi) shine spay to give some texture and shine. Make sure you shake your head when using shine spay sparingly or it can look greasy not healthy.:eek:

I sometimes find this with shine junkie, which is the best way to apply this? x

where would i get some of this Superstar blowdrying lotion...?? thanks x

I like the sound of this Superstar by Tigi. I know their products are good as I've been using Curls Rock and although its not enough for my hair its the best I've found so far.

I get Curls Rock from my local Tony & Guy salon so I assume Superstar will be available from there as well. I've seen quite a few hairdressers sell Tigi products.

Hi
can i ask how many times u wash your hair when u wash it? it is recommended u wash x2 then condition and then a treatment.do not over treat your hair though it can be doing damage as well. You may need to change ur shampoo as well. Do u you use proffessional Shampoo and Conditioner. I f you dot give them a try you will notice a big difference.
as for products i use body at the roots by PPS and also Shape It also by PPS. You may want to get urself a cuticle sealant to tame the frizz.
Umm other than that i m stumped as well.

Hi
can i ask how many times u wash your hair when u wash it? it is recommended u wash x2 then condition and then a treatment.do not over treat your hair though it can be doing damage as well. You may need to change ur shampoo as well. Do u you use proffessional Shampoo and Conditioner. I f you dot give them a try you will notice a big difference.
as for products i use body at the roots by PPS and also Shape It also by PPS. You may want to get urself a cuticle sealant to tame the frizz.
Umm other than that i m stumped as well.

I only wash it twice if I've left it more than two days between washes. As I wash it every other day I just assumed once would be enough.

I must admit I don't use professional shampoo and conditioner. I've always thought that it was the styling products which would make the biggest impact. I've never noticed any real difference when using volumising shampoos.... oh dear... nitwit that I am. Thats probably why isn't it! Doh!

Are professional shampoos and conditioners really that much better? Do they really give better volume than high street ones?

As far as a treatment goes, do you mean a once a week deep condtioning treatment? I'm open to suggestions on a good one as I don't use one, again I've not found any that are any good. Then again I've not tried a professional one and have always been nervous of wasting money.

:) I was exactly like u with proffessional shampoos i was scared of wasting money...but one day i bit the bullet and have not looked back since... i use a deep treatment every week and i wash my hair x2 then condition everytime i wash my hair, plus i use a leave in treatment as well.
Go on give it a try i think you will like the result, but it takes time it wont happen over nite but it will happen.
Cheers

I use Tigi thickening shampoo & conditioner & Superstar blow drying lotion, If i want some serious big hair :)

Tigi have got some xmas kits out with four products for volumising at £25 indivdually they cost about £40 ive just bought one for myself and its made a big difference.

ok...i tried to buy some of this today....without success cos they staff fancied closing up and getting cofee...(long story)...anyways...whilst looking through the window i saw 2...one was a lotion in a purple bottle shaped like a curvy woman...other was taller and a spray thing i think.....which one is it i should be getting....????...thanks x

Curvy bottle!!
It smells gorgeous too, like berries.

ok...i tried to buy some of this today....without success cos they staff fancied closing up and getting cofee...(long story)...anyways...whilst looking through the window i saw 2...one was a lotion in a purple bottle shaped like a curvy woman...other was taller and a spray thing i think.....which one is it i should be getting....????...thanks x

This is the one i have,

eBay.co.uk: TIGI Bed Head SUPERSTAR QUEEN FOR A DAY Thickening (item 180055720573 end time 02-Dec-06 10:39:09 GMT)

I wouldn't reccomend buying it from ebay though as i had something before that was definetly not the real thing !!

If you have a look at TIGI UK - Whats New there is more information on the products.

I have both :green:
The one i use the most is Superstar Blow Dry lotion, but when i bought the xmas gift set that also had the Superstar Queen For a Day spray in it which is virtually the same effect but in a spray formula.

Ive confused myself now LOL :lol:

Latest posts

Back