Hair Volumising Products

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BROOPS100

Reaction score
Hi all,

Im no hair expert just 'Jo Public' . I am wondering if any of you could throw some light on what it is within products that offers extra voluming properties ?
I seem to have had a reaction to Herbal Essence's New Hair Shampoo (in an orange / Green bottle) and since then my facial skin can hardly cope with any products that offers Volumising properties...

When I used Herbal Essence the effects were quite dramatic on my face that the doctor initially thought I had Eye Shingle (different to just the usual Shingles) in that my eye lid drooped. My enter side of my face was swollen, very prickly itchy all over & there were deep creases within my eye lids itself. The doctor soon realised it wasnt Shingles when it spread to the other side of my face (Shingle Eye wouldnt affect both sides to a face).

I narrowed down the initial reaction to Herbal Essence & avoid that at all costs, but now all other shampoo's, including Batiste XXL Big & Bouncy dry shampoo cause minor eye swelling & deep creasing around the eyes ...

Looking back Ive been crazy because I dyed my hair (using Nice & Easy without any ill effect) once all the reactions had disappeared. Now I dont know what I should be avoiding anymore... :0

Any advice as to which voluming chemical is within all of these products would be welcomed... xxx

Last edited by a moderator:
You've had a reaction because it's nasty cheap crap! Try salon volumsing products and shampoo and conditioners, and without knowing what your allergic too I can't advise what not to use.

Latest posts

Back