Hair washing and cutting/trimming!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel Williams

Danielwilliamshair
Reaction score
How often do you guys wash your hair? and what's the longest you've gone without washing your hair?

How often do you trim your hair or cut it?

I usually wash my hair once a week if not once every 2 weeks (I get extremely lazy and honestly do not mind having flat SUPER greasy hair) i used to wash it every 2-3 days, but I couldn't be bothered haha, my hair is super healthy though because it's hardly ever washed and I use NO products other than shampoo, conditioner and treatments, and the odd bit of coconut oil, I don't use gels, waxes, hairsprays or any of that, haven't used any for 3 years now, nor have I got my hair wet by the rain for 2 and a half years haha! lol *I don't have dry hair by the way, I could wash my hair every 2-3 days and it'd still be extremely healthy, my hair is absolutely silky smooth I love it, it's legit the smooooothest thing ever and you probably wouldn't expect that from someone who's bleached their hair 59 times lol *I bleach it every 3-5 weeks if not less than that*

I trim my ends probably every 4-6 weeks but my hair doesn't thin out on the ends and my ends are very opaque which I love about my hair, I also have TRILLIONS AND TRILLIONS of hair so yay!!
Pretty sure this is 5 or 6 day hair currently LOL

upload your hair pics and let me know your routine! How often do you wash your hair? why? and how often do you cut it and why? :D I love looking at peoples hair (Daniel you're a freak) I also like when people have freshly cut/healthy looking hair, cut those split ends woman! No point holding on to them split ends!!

I'm boring but it's the little things that make me happy!!

My hair is legit the hardest thing to keep, maintenance is so blooooody important and difficult when your hair is WHITER THAN PAPER.

pro to not washing my hair though? it grows so quick
Photo on 23-06-2016 at 8.47 p.m..jpg
Photo on 23-06-2016 at 8.47 p.m. #2.jpg
Photo on 23-06-2016 at 8.49 p.m..jpg
Photo on 23-06-2016 at 8.50 p.m..jpg
Photo on 23-06-2016 at 8.50 p.m. #2.jpg

Please excuse my face lol.

I wash mine twice a week because it can get greasy at the gym D: and I normally have long extensions so can't be bothered with drying them.

I get mine cut once every 5-6 months which is bad haha I recently just had 4 inches cut off to get rid of all the damage I did from bleach

I should get it cut more because I straight it a lot aswell .. Otherwise it's a big fuzz ball like in the pictures haha

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    764.2 KB · Views: 42
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    147.3 KB · Views: 28
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    324.6 KB · Views: 28
I wash mine twice a week because it can get greasy at the gym D: and I normally have long extensions so can't be bothered with drying them.

I get mine cut once every 5-6 months which is bad haha I recently just had 4 inches cut off to get rid of all the damage I did from bleach

I should get it cut more because I straight it a lot aswell .. Otherwise it's a big fuzz ball like in the pictures haha

That natural wave is cute haha, get some Olaplex it will make your hair lay so much better (I literally say Olaplex to everyone, but genuinely it'll repair your curl pattern so it's not as frizzy naturally

That natural wave is cute haha, get some Olaplex it will make your hair lay so much better (I literally say Olaplex to everyone, but genuinely it'll repair your curl pattern so it's not as frizzy naturally
Yeah my bf thinks so but I'm not a fan haha, I was going too try it but because my hair is not damaged I didn't think there would be much point and I don't get my hair coloured anymore so I guess I'd just have the stand alone treatment?

Yeah my bf thinks so but I'm not a fan haha, I was going too try it but because my hair is not damaged I didn't think there would be much point and I don't get my hair coloured anymore so I guess I'd just have the stand alone treatment?
I can tell you now, from them pictures your hair is not damaged to the point where Olaplex wouldn't work, stand alone is all you'd need, look on i think that lab muffin on olaplex (google olaplex its like the 3rd result i think) I'm sure thats the one where you can see the girls curl and how it has reverted to a uniform pattern/looks more natural rather than weak and frizzy.

Olaplex would defo improve your hair, I guarantee it! Might take 2 of them to see a 'noticeable' result, but you'll defo have stronger hair after 1 stand alone and 1 might be enough to help the natural wave/curl pattern xx

My hair is bleached 59 times and my hair is in immaculate condition, i've only used Olaplex in the last year haha, my hair was never damaged (noticeably/visibly, obviously it's chemically damaged because bleach has changed my hair, but it never dried my hair, split my hair or made any fall out/weaken) to begin with, but I just love Olaplex, and it definitely strengthens my hair regardless of how healthy it is to begin with! xx

My hair is bleached 59 times and my hair is in immaculate condition, i've only used Olaplex in the last year haha, my hair was never damaged (noticeably/visibly, obviously it's chemically damaged because bleach has changed my hair, but it never dried my hair, split my hair or made any fall out/weaken) to begin with, but I just love Olaplex, and it definitely strengthens my hair regardless of how healthy it is to begin with! xx
I don't see how though.. My hair was fried after just three/four bleach applications it pretty much fell out lol even if I had the weakest bleach possible it wouldn't with hold 59 applications haha, yeah I'll give it a go! Can it be bought online? X

I don't see how though.. My hair was fried after just three/four bleach applications it pretty much fell out lol even if I had the weakest bleach possible it wouldn't with hold 59 applications haha, yeah I'll give it a go! Can it be bought online? X
I'd get it from a rep, online can be dodgy, bc Olaplex doesn't distribute to Amazon or Ebay so it's a risk, but you could defo try, i'd get no.3 online just incase if you paid full price for no.1 and 2 and it wasn't the actual stuff, no.3 is the cheapest one so if its fake it's not like you've wasted over 50 quid xx

I bleach my entire head, i do my roots til they're the right colour then I bring it all to my already bleached hair to brighten it because of buildup from toning shampoo and stuff, like clarifying or chelating shampoo wouldn't do me any favours it'd just make my hair duller, i like my hair BRIGHT paper white so i bleach it for the last 5-10 mins on ends and length to just 'pop' the crisp pale-iced-yellow colour so i can tone it freshly and it takes so much better then, basically it's kind of 'surface stain' removal haha. My hair type is very unique though, It must doesn't get damaged like the average persons hair with bleach, it doesn't thin my hair, doesn't wither it/dry it out, doesn't strip my hair of moisture or natural oils (my scalp is naturally very oily, but i don't mind oily hair at all) etc, it doesn't even do any damage to my ends (obviously i do do trims anyway, but if i didn't they would still withstand a good 20 bleaches before they were fried xx my hair is legit just extremely strong, it's not porous either, I can hold colour perfectly xx (though i DON'T actually dye my hair at all really, i've dyed it 4 or 5 times lol)

I love my hair though because it's so soft and silky and omg the shine is like artificial looking, my hair is THAT light reflective lol.

I'd get it from a rep, online can be dodgy, bc Olaplex doesn't distribute to Amazon or Ebay so it's a risk, but you could defo try, i'd get no.3 online just incase if you paid full price for no.1 and 2 and it wasn't the actual stuff, no.3 is the cheapest one so if its fake it's not like you've wasted over 50 quid xx

I bleach my entire head, i do my roots til they're the right colour then I bring it all to my already bleached hair to brighten it because of buildup from toning shampoo and stuff, like clarifying or chelating shampoo wouldn't do me any favours it'd just make my hair duller, i like my hair BRIGHT paper white so i bleach it for the last 5-10 mins on ends and length to just 'pop' the crisp pale-iced-yellow colour so i can tone it freshly and it takes so much better then, basically it's kind of 'surface stain' removal haha. My hair type is very unique though, It must doesn't get damaged like the average persons hair with bleach, it doesn't thin my hair, doesn't wither it/dry it out, doesn't strip my hair of moisture or natural oils (my scalp is naturally very oily, but i don't mind oily hair at all) etc, it doesn't even do any damage to my ends (obviously i do do trims anyway, but if i didn't they would still withstand a good 20 bleaches before they were fried xx my hair is legit just extremely strong, it's not porous either, I can hold colour perfectly xx (though i DON'T actually dye my hair at all really, i've dyed it 4 or 5 times lol)

I love my hair though because it's so soft and silky and omg the shine is like artificial looking, my hair is THAT light reflective lol.

Daniel do you use periscope??

DanielWiilliams has been banned from this forum after it was discovered he has been operating as a qualified hairdresser when in fact, he has yet to have any formal hairdressing training.
Any 'advice' offered by the former geek should not be assumed to be inline with professional guidelines or even safe to follow.

DanielWiilliams has been banned from this forum after it was discovered he has been operating as a qualified hairdresser when in fact, he has yet to have any formal hairdressing training.
Any 'advice' offered by the former geek should not be assumed to be inline with professional guidelines or even safe to follow.

I know this may sound cruel but I was more interested in hear his crazy speak. Haha I definitely am aware that his views are way out in left field.

Last edited:

Oh my word! [emoji33] How did you find this out? Although I am glad you did if this is the case as he did give out vast amounts of advice & if he isn't qualified to do so then I dread to think what some of the consequences could be!

[emoji171]

Oh my word! [emoji33] How did you find this out? Although I am glad you did if this is the case as he did give out vast amounts of advice & if he isn't qualified to do so then I dread to think what some of the consequences could be!

[emoji171]
Yup a million diy hairdressers are about to bleach their hair 50 million times because of this silly boy

I could of sworn his first post said he never uses toners... For his 'paper white' hair.

I could of sworn his first post said he never uses toners... For his 'paper white' hair.

Ya but his hair is unlike any other.. The silkiest hair in the world you know!?

Ya but his hair is unlike any other.. The silkiest hair in the world you know!?
And no-one get hair that white and it still be so healthy his hair is unlinked anyone else's [emoji42]

As this thread is no longer on topic I shall close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back