Hair went orangy gingery ? Help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kellyuk

Reaction score
Ok so please don't shout at me :cry:

So my sister wnated somthing different doing to her hair.

She wanted to go lighter, her natural base is between a 5/0 and 7/0 so I thought I could cover it with a 9/0 and 12% peroxide, after all ive done this at college before and never had any problems ?

So I did a full head application using a 9/0 and 12% peroxide, wella kolleston might I add, so i put it on waited for it to develop washed it and dried it and the root area has gone like an orangy gingery color ?

Does anyone know why this is ? I know now i should have used a stripper but is there any way i can correct this now ?

Please, please help :hug:

Ok so please don't shout at me :cry:

So my sister wnated somthing different doing to her hair.

She wanted to go lighter, her natural base is between a 5/0 and 7/0 so I thought I could cover it with a 9/0 and 12% peroxide, after all ive done this at college before and never had any problems ?

So I did a full head application using a 9/0 and 12% peroxide, wella kolleston might I add, so i put it on waited for it to develop washed it and dried it and the root area has gone like an orangy gingery color ?

Does anyone know why this is ? I know now i should have used a stripper but is there any way i can correct this now ?

Please, please help :hug:

Hi there First of all don't panic it can be corrected
she can go to the hairdressers and could either go back to what she was
or have a colour correction to take the gingery look off it ,
I can answer you in more depth but I cannot tell if you are a hairdresser from your profile hun , please let me know :hug:

Did she have other color on her hair prior to you applying color ?? Or is the level 5-7 natural?

embarassingly i ma an hairdresser, just finished my level 2 in june, i know i should know better, and yes her natural base is between a 5/0 and 7/0:)

Hi

Are you able to put a pic up of the colour as it is now and a full breakdown of what was previously on the hair (at least the last 6 months)? Also you are a bit sketchy on her nat colour between a 5 and 7 is a big leap :) would it make her a 6 and what is her nat tone? What colour depth and tone were the mid-lenths and ends?
Some of the problem lays in the fact that you used 12% with 9/0. They say you can :irked: but really you shouldnt as it will de-stabilize the colour hence the warm tone.

Dont worry, these things happen, we have all done a ginge by mistake :green:

ooo I just noticed you are from E. Yorks. You didnt train at Brid college did ya???? Would explain the bad colour mix advice *lol* :green:

Latest posts

Back