Hair with blue tinge

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donna hair

Reaction score
A lady has just called me to say she had her hair coloured last night.
She said the hairdresser used a highlift tint full head foils and she liked the look of 7.3 for all over -but can't be sure it was that that got used.

She said she's naturally mousey brown so I'm presuming she means a 6, but she's got quite a few grey round the front.

She normally has bleach highlights and an all over colour, but her usual hairdresser couldn't fit her in.

She said her hair looks blue. So it sounds like a .1 has been used.

I'm not doing her hair till later on so I've not seen it yet.

I want to avoid putting loads more colour on her hair but i think I'm going to need to do full head foils and colour again.

Anyone got any ideas?

If she's happy with the level of lift she has, can you not just tone with a quasi that has a gold tone? I use Matrix and I would use 10G....tricky to say without seeing it though
xxxx

A gold toner might just do the trick, but if you need to do hilights, just do it with a really weak bleach, like a 1.9% or 3% as it's not gonna need lifting any lighter, you just want to remove the ash shade. You may not need a toner after, but if you do, maybe use a natural ash rather than an ash.

My go-to toner is normal Affinage 8.2 which is a violet, but you might need to mix a gold with a violet maybe.

Why use an ash toner to counteract blue?
x

I don't the same today a pretty 25 year old came in her hair was muddy, grey, and the lowlight was dull, it was a rework from someone I knew so I know why was used! I use Loreal so I used Platine+15vol foils scattered all over on angles, about 1cm apart, didn't lift them to white but a nice 8-9 then when i rinsed the 1st shampoo i done half 20vol have deep cleanser shampoo and left it on for a minute or two working it throughout the hair, second shampoo just deep cleanser, it shifted the tone but i still need to tone some of it out, then toned with 15g 9.02 + 22g 9.03 in DIAlight and 9vol for a few minutes, perfect! Only reason i put in 9.02 cause 9.03 can come out quite orangy sometimes, but it Came out really nice no grey! Client loved it.

Thanks for the help guys.

I was thinking a gold toner. I'll try that first (depending on how the hair is) then if that fails I'll in down the bleach route x

Just to let you know when i got to the ladies house it wasn't as bad as she made out. There was a very slight blue cast to her hair.

I put 9.3 with 1.5% and just kept my dye on it. The outcome was lovely no more blue, and one happy client.

Thanks again for your advice when i spoke to her I knew I'd end up toning it, but just needed the reassurance that i was right x

Glad you got it working well! You mud have gained a client! Did you use Loreal?b

Won't the gold go green?? Blue + Yellow = Green normaly x

Ah just seen you'd already done it lol. Take it no green then :-/ xx

Jojo - I mean if she needs to tone AFTER applying bleach/highlights. I don't mean to counteract the blue.
Just thought a gold toner may have made the over all colour too dark, so highlights might have been needed that the, may have needed a toner themselves but maybe not.

Latest posts

Back