Haircut not good!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hairbysamx

Reaction score
So a client came into the salon and asked for a wash and cut so I trimmed her hair then she said she had this little bit of hair at the front which was shorter (about half her hair length) and she asked for layers all over the top the same length . I explained that a graduated later cut would look better but she asked just for this length layer. I also tried offering feathering to blend that bit of hair into the cut but she just wanted layers of this length.
So I went ahead and did what she wanted, she asked for no blow dry, she wanted to go home and dry it herself. So I did as she asked, she gets home then messaged me and says she’s not happy with the cut.
I have offered to do the long grad I spoke about and offered a refund . Is there anything else I can do?

At the end of the day your the qualified hairdresser and you explained to her the situation and that it would look better differently. She chose to do it her way. You can explain to her again that you can cut it her way which wont look right because of the piece of hair or your way which will blend (try photo?) I just dont know how yu can rectify it her way....sit her down try pinterest with key words to try to see what it is exactly that she wants?
Other than that im not sure what you can do. Its your reputation she is carrying around on her head and sometimes the client doesnt know whats best xx

I think it all depends on whether I want her back as a client and what her attitude towards me was like. If she was pleasant but adamant about the cut, fine, but if she was rude and demanding, she can go elsewhere. So depending on her attitude, I might offer a re-do at a push, but probably not a refund as time is money and you did what she asked for.

I know there are times when no meter how hard your trying to convince your client that it will not work, but they keep pushing you and pushing you until you do what they want. It's always a lesson to learn for us as a stylists. We know it will not look good/work and we still do it to please our clients...
Over the years I've learned to say "no" to what they wanna if I really think it would not work, but occasionally( depends on a client) I'll do "partial" request- meaning incorporate something they want with a reasonable balance how I think it should be( basically not to screw it over completely) I do that for those people who need to learn a lesson! And you'll be surprised, they will start to leasing to you the next time! Some people just like to have a full control of everything and think that they know everything, but ones they learn their lesson, they will respect you more and take your advice!
In your situation, I would offer "an adjustment/re-do" and explain it ones again that your original idea was so and so and if she would grow her hair( or whatever she'll need to do at this point) it would look much better. Don't stress out it was her decision and you did what she wanted to do. She is probably got it by now, and what she really need is You to make her to feel better!
Don't do refund. You earned your money! Offer your free time to do a re-do for her, cause you really care how she feels about her hair and you want her to be your client in the future!
Good luck!

Latest posts

Back