Hairdresser wages

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nevergivingup

Reaction score
I have been self employed for a long time and have no idea what a fair wage is, I have to say today what I would like to be paid at an interview

Average is minimum wage for a stylist, manager maybe 300 a week but look at what you could bring to the salon, is it a chain?

Also not many salons in cov pay much more above average :s x

Average is minimum wage for a stylist, manager maybe 300 a week but look at what you could bring to the salon, is it a chain?

Also not many salons in cov pay much more above average :s x

It's not a chain, I know someone of 18 who works there and is on quite a bit above min wage for her age.

Don't want to ask for too much also don't want to ask too little lol

i thought most stylists were commission based, so maybe min wage and then a percentage depending on what you bring in, this way they know you will put in the effort to be busy and get new clients.. iv not worked in a salon for a while so unsure of figures but we also got a percentage of retail if targets met,

good luck with interview

If your self employed now why are you wanting to go to a salon and be employed?

There are a few negotiation bits that can help you up your wage requests.
Is the salon miles away from where you was mobile? If not would clients follow you to the salon? The number of clients you gained over time and how many on average new clients a year gained will also help, your added skills ( extensions, make up, nails, massage) if you have them will help with the negotiation. Give her an open option of what you would like, such as I woul like to be taking £x a hour, but this is open for negotiation. Make offer 1 a little higher than you want so it can be lowered xoxo

Latest posts

Back