Hairdressers and contact lenses?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronray

Reaction score
I'm contemplating contact lenses after years of wearing glasses, but my concern is all the sprays and of course loose hairs that we deal with every day, has anyone had any issues whilst wearing contacts in a salon environment?

Good question!

I don’t know the answer regarding wearing contact lenses but just wanted to ask if you’d considered laser treatment? I had mine done back in 2006 and it was probably one of the best things I’ve ever done.

I wear contacts every single day with not a single issue ever from chemicals or hair.
I don't trust lasor myself, I worry it might go wrong although I understand its unlikely.
I went for a consultation once and everyone in the lasor place was wearing glasses! Strange

Good question!

I don’t know the answer regarding wearing contact lenses but just wanted to ask if you’d considered laser treatment? I had mine done back in 2006 and it was probably one of the best things I’ve ever done.
I did consider it, but I've worn glasses since I was 12 and not sure if I will even be happy with myself without glasses! I know that probably sounds stupid. I'm glad it worked well for you. I will keep it in the back of my mind, but thought I'd try lenses first as obviously there's much, much less commitment.

I wear contacts every single day with not a single issue ever from chemicals or hair.
I don't trust lasor myself, I worry it might go wrong although I understand its unlikely.
I went for a consultation once and everyone in the lasor place was wearing glasses! Strange
I completely hear what you're saying, that's definitely food for thought. You're not the first person to point that out either. A client of mine mentioned that they'd gone to a consultation and everyone there were also wearing glasses. My aunty also went for a consultation and they told her that they could improve her eyesight but she'd probably still have to wear glasses.

It’s not strange really. You are asked to wear glasses when you go for your actual treatment.
You take them off as you lie down on the couch and a couple of minutes later you sit up and you’re asked the time from the clock on the wall in front of you. You suddenly realise you can SEE perfectly without reaching for your glasses.
I wore glasses from aged 8 and contact lenses in my late teens and it is a big part of your identity.

It’s not strange really. You are asked to wear glasses when you go for your actual treatment.
You take them off as you lie down on the couch and a couple of minutes later you sit up and you’re asked the time from the clock on the wall in front of you. You suddenly realise you can SEE perfectly without reaching for your glasses.
I wore glasses from aged 8 and contact lenses in my late teens and it is a big part of your identity.
I was referring to staff, not sure if @sarah7898 was

Latest posts

Back