Hairdressers? Hair Growth

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulette

Reaction score
Hi all
I havent posted in ages im afraid and i hope im still remembered a little!! anyway im growing my hair and wanted to know if any of you had tried any shampoos or alternative treatments to encourage hair growth?? Many thanks Paulette

Hi all
I havent posted in ages im afraid and i hope im still remembered a little!! anyway im growing my hair and wanted to know if any of you had tried any shampoos or alternative treatments to encourage hair growth?? Many thanks Paulette

hey hun welcome back!!!!
hair is the same as nails, you cant " make " them grow faster by application of products, yet stimulating and increasing the blood supply may increase growth, ie massage , but just have patience, youll get there in the end,
glad to see ya back x

I swear by Folic Acid for making your hair and nails grow quicker and stronger, i was prescribed it due to a blood disorder and noticed when i was taking it my hair and nails grew like weeds, i had short hair at the time about 3 years ago and now it is down to my waist, i have to keep getting it cut every six weeks or i would be tripping up over it lol, and my fringe is ridiculous i have to get that cut every two weeks, my hairdresser loves me lol
P.S I remember you hun

i have a client who is recovering from breast cancer and comes to me for regular scalp/back massage to help her hair grow, she recently went to barbados for a holiday and when she got back her hair had grown so much she felt confidant enough not to wear her wig. So we reckon a combo of sun and scalp massage did the trick!

thanks for the replies, I am currently taking some vitamins and try to massage my scalp, i know that in my case the summer sun helps, but i guess I gotta wait for that!! I have ordered some shampoo that claims to ENCOURAGE hair growth, it is a natural based product, so if nothing else im sure itll make my hair shiny !!!

i had my hair cut off really short about four years ago and ive been growing it ever since and its still not even pass my shoulders yet.is it true that some peoples hair just doesnt grow pass a certain length.if so do you think thats the case for me.i used to have longish hair before i had it cut which i had all my life. silly question i know.just thought i'd ask as we were on the subject.thanksxxxxx

Well I think it's true, my hair doesn't grow past a certain length! Apparently all real hair used for extensions is asian because they are able to grow their hair longest. Would be a nice way to earn some extra money! So yeah, I think everyone's hair growth cycle differs a bit.

As above.stimulation "encourages" the hair growth cycle,no guarantees I'm afraid.

The hair does not stop growing at a certain length,that is a fact lol.

What does happen is this,longer hair is older hair,the longer it gets the more damage and abuse,IE straighteners and bobbles.

This causes damage,and hair snaps off,this is not always visible to the naked eye.

This is why people think the hair stops growing at a certain length,regular trims to maintain the health will make hair "appear" longer as it will not have snapped off,however cutting hair does not make it grow hth's x

The hair does not stop growing at a certain length,that is a fact lol.

What does happen is this,longer hair is older hair,the longer it gets the more damage and abuse,IE straighteners and bobbles.

This causes damage,and hair snaps off,this is not always visible to the naked eye.

This is why people think the hair stops growing at a certain length,regular trims to maintain the health will make hair "appear" longer as it will not have snapped off,however cutting hair does not make it grow hth's x

It's the same with nails - how many clients say 'my nails don't grow past the ends of my fingers'? Their nails do grow but without enhancements on they also break!!

Exactly Vetty :hug:

Jodeski may have something here. Read the link below especially the part about rate of growth.
I think because Asian hair grows quicker during it's anagen cycle, the hair will be a longer length before it sheds. Our natural cycles of growth, rest and shedding (anagen, catogen & telogen etc) will have some impact on how long our hair can naturally get.
The Trichological Society - Hair an Introduction

Jodeski may have something here. Read the link below especially the part about rate of growth.
I think because Asian hair grows quicker during it's anagen cycle, the hair will be a longer length before it sheds. Our natural cycles of growth, rest and shedding (anagen, catogen & telogen etc) will have some impact on how long our hair can naturally get.

Thanks for finding that hun, some good info on there :hug:

That blows the majority of what i have been taught out of the water lol.

However,from previous education i have undergone allthough i would agree a FEW factors affect the hair growth rate,i wouldn't say drastically.

Who knows with new reasearch and technology,we may know a lot more in the years to come lol.

Thanks for the link hun x

Get pregnant - my damn hair seems to grow about an inch a day at the moment and I can't keep a style in it longer than a week!

OK, a bit drastic maybe...:lol:

Have you tried Nioxin?
My old hairdresser used to swear by it. supposed to be good for fine hair.

My hair is a lost cause - i've been known to dye it up to 6 times a week lol.
I've been wearing extensions for over a year nor and it's thickened up by about 50% because i've gone back to natural (ish) and grown about 3 inches - would have been more if i'd stop cutting it myself! ha ha.

Get pregnant - my damn hair seems to grow about an inch a day at the moment and I can't keep a style in it longer than a week!

OK, a bit drastic maybe...:lol:

Enjoy it while you can sweetie, it'll drop out at that rate after little miss comes...... Sorry to burst your bubble!!

Enjoy it while you can sweetie, it'll drop out at that rate after little miss comes...... Sorry to burst your bubble!!

Oh you meanie Vetty.:lol: She's telling the truth though.:irked:

thanks for replying all, I have bought some hair shampoo called F.A.S.T and am going to give it a go, if nothing else it will make my hair shiny, im taking supplements too for skin hair and nails so in all Ill probably feel better!! As to what will happen who knows Ill let you know if I feel it has made an improvement in a few months. A friend of mine is a therapist and will give me some indian head massages with essential oils to help stimulate my scalp. You know what it is... I just want everything YESTERDAY AHHH!

i wanted to say thanks for all your replies.i dont feel it was such a stupid question now.atleast i know now my hair should still get longer.just need to be patient.thanks again.xxxxxx

hey hun welcome back!!!!
hair is the same as nails, you cant " make " them grow faster by application of products, yet stimulating and increasing the blood supply may increase growth, ie massage , but just have patieYounce, youll get there in the end,
glad to see ya back x

I am going to disagree here...You can make nails grow faster just by pushing the cuticle back..;)

Just as you can encourage the hair to grow faster..
FYI:
Nioxin is a hairloss system. the shampoo cleanses the scalp from excessive sebum which will "clog" the hair follicles, the Scalp Therapy will stimulate the bloodflow to the scalp and follicle which will enchance growth and NEW growth.

Latest posts

Back