Hairdressers please help.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

little_star

Reaction score
Hi, Im at college doing hairdressing and I'm really confused with how to colour hair. I thought you coloured the mid-lengths and ends because if you do the roots first they will develop faster because of the heat from your head but Iv saw a lot of hairdressers doing the roots first. Now Im unsure of how to apply colour.

Hi, Im at college doing hairdressing and I'm really confused with how to colour hair. I thought you coloured the mid-lengths and ends because if you do the roots first they will develop faster because of the heat from your head but Iv saw a lot of hairdressers doing the roots first. Now Im unsure of how to apply colour.

Hi there , here ares the Wella guidelines for first time hair colouring :

for full head colouring with Wella the tints the information says for ; same depth or darker put on roots and straight through to ends .
time according to instructions

One to four shades lift mid lengths and ends first .
time according to instructions

Full head lightening mid lengths and ends first
timings must be followed as manufactures instructions or what your teacher recommends

Also lots of peoples hair may already have lots of colour in it ,
so if in doubt ask your tutor she will be happy to help you out as it can get a bit confusing at times,

also take home the instructions leaflet out of the discarded tint boxes and have a good read it will give you loads of tips and hints :hug: x good luck

hi, for a virgin head you should colour mid lengths and ends first but on regrowth, roots first because the mid lengths will already have previous colour on so you will be colouring fresh growth (roots) and only be refreshing the mid lengths because you dont want to end up with a build up hope this helps x

Latest posts

Back