Hairdressers sharing more secrets would be better

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minky

Reaction score
I would like to ask a sincere question about why is it that it seems all of us hairdressers are a bit wary to ask each other professional advice ?
After all we are here to help one another :confused:

If we all just ask advice on products and procedure now and again and on the threads for us all to see,( even if we already know about the products and procedures ) it just may help others too,
I do understand non hairdressers visit this site,
do you think this is why we hold back a bit ?
or do you think we worry too much that we should know absolutely everything ?
which is impossible.
I just notice that sharing knowledge seems to flow with ease from the nail techs
and I would love to see us all doing the same :hug:
I hope no one minds me asking :confused:

I know exactly what you mean minky.

I think we are embarrassed to ask advice and to admit we don't know things.

I have felt this myself and really wanted to ask something but haven't because I didn't wanna look stupid and people think I'm not a good hairdresser. Sounds silly I know.

I don't know why the nail guys can do it and us hairdressers can't.

I have also felt that the american guys are a lot more open about things and willing to ask questions/offer advise than us brits. Anyone else noticed that?

I have also not replied to peoples questions with my solutions incase they are wrong.

Maybe its our stupid British mentality that asking for help and being criticised is WEAKNESS?!

Who knows.

I think you have to be a bit more patient...us Nail Geeks have been around for quite a while, and have built up our community gradually.
Hair Geek is a very new forum and still finding it's feet.
You just have to click on forums and you will see how many more people are viewing on the Nail Geek than Hair Geek.
I have no doubt this will soon change as more and more hairdressers come onboard.

I also have noticed that the American Hair geeks do tend to be a bit more generous with their expertise...but again it is early days.

As geeks have we all be recommending this site to our hairdressers?
We should as, the more the merrier.!!...and I for one have found this new hair forum extrememely interesting.

I also have noticed that the American Hair geeks do tend to be a bit more generous with their expertise...but again it is early days.

As geeks have we all be recommending this site to our hairdressers?
We should as, the more the merrier.!!...and I for one have found this new hair forum extrememely interesting.
me too i really enjoy the hair section of the forum, i have personally taken in a lot of the advice given from the hair geeks

personally i think wrong or right it doesnt matter if you have 2 cents to put in, then put it in. everyone has different styles different backgrounds and trainings, besides what if your not wrong and it can help someone else. You are only giving advise from your own experense and not everyone will always agree but thats how we learn and why hold each other back?

LOL..Becca is from the states..as I am also.. :D

I feel the same way. Everyone has a different way of doing it. I myself have been in the industry for over 25 years now..I am still learning and some of us have a lot more experience and knowledge than a lot on here. But we are learning still. None of us know it all..

When replying, I don't guess at the solution to the problem, If I know how to fix it, I will share that knowledge but there are times when someone does answer a question that I didn't have a clue to and I learned from it.

Come on You shy Brits, any answer whether right or wrong can be discussed on here and We all learn from it. All questions asked and answered are new knowledge for everyone.
So If you put a "non correct" answer ... wouldn't it be more beneficial to learn that there is a easier way or correct way and you learned from it? Or would you rather go about your business doing it the difficult or wrong way?

So having said all that, I hope I have not intimated anyone in NOT answering a question asked. I will step aside and let others try out their answers. :)

No one should be criticized for giving input even if it is not completely correct. And if anyone does..I personally will deal with the person.:twisted: :wink2:

Thanks Jayne some nice words of encouragement.

Latest posts

Back