hairdressing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mizzy

Reaction score
hi im doing beauty therapy nvq2 in september but i want to get into hairdressing as well. The course for hairdressing is 2 years long nvq2. im really torn on what to do. Has anyone done both or going on a hairdressing course?
i really dont know anything about doing hair. Can't even braid hair but really want to learn. Has anyone else started knowing nothing or would i be wasting my time? any advice please .......

Hi Mizzy and welcome.

I am not the one to answer this as I am a seasoned member of the beauty industry and not from the UK area and do not understand what nvq2 is in revelance to nails / hair/ skin. So I will let someone else come thru here and hopefully try to give some good advice.
what ever you decide, good luck in.

It really depends on your situation,i have a son and the responsibility of a house so for me to do the two courses at the same time whilst trying to earn a living would be impossible,however tentips junior Kaylee is doing both and she seems to be getting on great.

Hth's xx

Ps could you fill out your profile with a little more detail please ? It helps when replying to your threads/questions. Many thanks xx

im 22 with 2 children 1 in full time school the other at home the there is a n evening course for hairdressing but dont want to take a load of work on then have to drop out as the beauty course is 3 days a week the hairdressing is 2 evenings so not to bad just a bit tight

Tbh hun the amount of days you are at college isn't relevant it is the amount of work,study and practise you will need to do at home that takes up as much if not more time iykwim xx

thats what i was worried about taking to much homework on as im a bit blonde :lol: so dont want to mess up both courses might do beauty then go on to hairdressing it seems easier to do 1 first

thats what i was worried about taking to much homework on as im a bit blonde :lol: so dont want to mess up both courses might do beauty then go on to hairdressing it seems easier to do 1 first

:eek: don't let the skin geeks hear ya :lol:

The thing is once you have done one of the courses the other will come easier,best of luck :hug:

It really depends on your situation,i have a son and the responsibility of a house so for me to do the two courses at the same time whilst trying to earn a living would be impossible,however tentips junior Kaylee is doing both and she seems to be getting on great.

Hth's xx

Ps could you fill out your profile with a little more detail please ? It helps when replying to your threads/questions. Many thanks xx

Hi
Yes, Becki is right, Kaylee is doing hair and beauty nvq2, she is nearing the end of her first year and studies full time. Although saying that she has 2 afternoons off a week.

She knew nothing about hair or beauty when she started as she was a school leaver but had shown an interest over the yaers as girlies tend to do.

She is really enjoying the course at the moment apart from the wig making which she seems to be struggling with, to the point of tears and tantrums.

Good luck if you decide to do it, I'm sure you wont regret it.

Latest posts

Back