Hairline dark

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twixabix

Reaction score
When ever I colour my hair my hairline is always a shade darker than the rest. Any does that happen and apart from using a lighter colour does anyone have a magic remedy ?

It's quite common with the hairline usually being a finer texture. It used to be normal to teach colouring the hairline first, but I would always start on the back sections first, unless the hairline is resistant white.

I think in your situation using a colour half a shade or a shade lighter would be the best option.

Apparently if you can see it developing too dark arround the hairline applying some mixed 10N or clear to the area for the last few minutes will lift off some on the darkness.

Sometimes when the hairline gets darker than the rest of your color it's because of metapause because of the salt in your body.. I'm not sure how old you are but just giving a tip! [emoji4]

Sometimes when the hairline gets darker than the rest of your color it's because of metapause because of the salt in your body.. I'm not sure how old you are but just giving a tip! [emoji4]
Omg it's prob that I am getting on a bit [emoji45] and it's never been a problem before, well you learn something new everyday on here. Thanks

Latest posts

Back