Hairspray hair extensions help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarah1992

Reaction score
I trained with Hairspray about 7 months ago in Micro bead extensions , I have not been promoting them bery much so have only done a couple of heads, reason being that I don't feel confident applying them.

The main problem I have is sectioning, I feel like I am clumsy with getting it all sectioned right. We were taught to never do the extentions in a straight line across the head, to seperate every section of the hair, however, when I see pictures of others applying extendions they are always in a straight line across & this seems easier to understand.
Really sorry if I'm not being clear here, just looking for some tips or help to build my confidence!
(These are my first two sets) ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1379439874.539658.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1379439901.303703.jpg

How many strands did you put in these heads hun? They look very thin x

You need about double the amount of hair in each of those, plus it needs cutting.

Who did you train with? If you're not satisfied or confident with the training received, I would give them an email with any questions or concerns. Any decent company will offer after training support

Lx

How many strands did you put in these heads hun? They look very thin x

I thought that, but I didnt want to put the extensions in any of the free zones where they can be seen or uncomfortable to wear, they are spanis hair and the strands themselves were very very thin.

You need about double the amount of hair in each of those, plus it needs cutting.

I couldnt find room for any more rows after I had finished so wasnt sure what more I could do, Im not qualified in cutting them so didn't want to try, thanks :)

Who did you train with? If you're not satisfied or confident with the training received, I would give them an email with any questions or concerns. Any decent company will offer after training support

Lx

I was thinking they might do that or offer a refreshers course but due to no transport & its location it would be very difficult to attend, thanks though I will e mail them :)

They'll be able to offer you some online support at least.

Good luck x

Hi Sinead,

I agree you need more in, you wouldnt really be able to cut those anyway as its so thin. when you say you cant fit more why is that? Do you leave a gap every other l-r &/or a gap between the rows? If so these can be filled, also how high are you going? You can go as high as you need to without it showing.

Maybe a refresher would be a good idea

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi Sinead,

I agree you need more in, you wouldnt really be able to cut those anyway as its so thin. when you say you cant fit more why is that? Do you leave a gap every other l-r &/or a gap between the rows? If so these can be filled, also how high are you going? You can go as high as you need to without it showing.

Maybe a refresher would be a good idea

I might not have went high enough as I wanted them to be comfortable for the client, I leave gaps as I was taught to in between the rows and also the beads, thanks for your help!

I might not have went high enough as I wanted them to be comfortable for the client, I leave gaps as I was taught to in between the rows and also the beads, thanks for your help!

Well there you go, immediately you can double up the amount put in. Go up as high as you can without being visible, that helps with blending and causes no more annoyance then the other 150 ish bonds so dont worry.

Can I ask about the sides? The first picture doesnt look to have been done. It might be the angle of the photo thou? But I find packing out the sides and going right up under a floppy fringe helps with the blending & creates fullness, just keep an eye on partings/hairlines and ponytailing as you were trained.

To qualify this, im fairly new, I dont have the answers this is all how I would approach it & hope other geeks will agree.

Well there you go, immediately you can double up the amount put in. Go up as high as you can without being visible, that helps with blending and causes no more annoyance then the other 150 ish bonds so dont worry.

Can I ask about the sides? The first picture doesnt look to have been done. It might be the angle of the photo thou? But I find packing out the sides and going right up under a floppy fringe helps with the blending & creates fullness, just keep an eye on partings/hairlines and ponytailing as you were trained.

To qualify this, im fairly new, I dont have the answers this is all how I would approach it & hope other geeks will agree.

Great to know so i will definately go higher to blend better, I was td to not put many at all in the sides and when I had them done myself another time the sides were packed out and I found it very uncomfortable so didnt want to do too much there! Thanks for your help though its good to know :)

Great to know so i will definately go higher to blend better, I was td to not put many at all in the sides and when I had them done myself another time the sides were packed out and I found it very uncomfortable so didnt want to do too much there! Thanks for your help though its good to know :)

Definitely go higher and put more around the sides also don't worry too much about gaps if you need more in then don't leave gaps. It may be a little uncomfortable at first but they'll get used to it, as long as the bonds are not huge and micro rings flat etc. you'll be fine, honestly. And I'd Defo go with a brush up course so they can show you all this :) if the client wants natural your gonna have to pack a lot more hair in. I've had 280grams in my hair before now, the first week was awful then you get used to it. :) good luck xx

Ive a lady who prefers bonds quote low at the sides so theyre looser (danglier, like 2 weeks in), she knows she'll need them maintaining sooner but thats fine with her, she cant cope with being uncomfortable at all. I use mixture of sectioning and placements to suit, dont be too bogged down with rules, especially if your doing a refresher with another company (it'l be different) use all that you know to tailor your fit to your lady, keeping it safe & tidy. The Balmain book is good, it encourages you to think about different placements and is very reasonably priced.

Definitely go higher and put more around the sides also don't worry too much about gaps if you need more in then don't leave gaps. It may be a little uncomfortable at first but they'll get used to it, as long as the bonds are not huge and micro rings flat etc. you'll be fine, honestly. And I'd Defo go with a brush up course so they can show you all this :) if the client wants natural your gonna have to pack a lot more hair in. I've had 280grams in my hair before now, the first week was awful then you get used to it. :) good luck xx

Thanks so much atleast I know now that I can pack them in and that it is allowed! Thanks for the help :) xx

Thanks so much atleast I know now that I can pack them in and that it is allowed! Thanks for the help :) xx

Good luck :) after a refresher I'm sure the improvement will be massive. Personally I'd do my brush up course with someone else :) xx

Good luck :) after a refresher I'm sure the improvement will be massive. Personally I'd do my brush up course with someone else :) xx

Yes there's some fab training out there ppl always say studio 58 and connect to hair xx

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

I would love to but there arent any others around that I know of, apart from very expensive ones :( xx

Yes there's some fab training out there ppl always say studio 58 and connect to hair xx

Are these in England? Im in Kildare in Ireland :( xx

Are these in England? Im in Kildare in Ireland :( xx

Have a look on studio 58 website they do various venues x

Latest posts

Back