Hairy... like seriously!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I’ve been having hair removed with Lycon now for a few years. I want to look for an alternative, or at least places that do Lycon waxing at an affordable price. I have hirsitisim , so I guess I’m not your usual quick bikini line, or half leg. I need my full body done and so you can imagine how much it’s costing me to get full body done at Lycon salon in Central London.

Are there any other places that either use Lycon, or other branded Hot Waxes in London. Ideally West, but because of my problem, I’ll go anywhere in London. I used to pay any price, but now just feel exploited at the prices these days, esp with full body. I’ve tried the Waxcellence at home kit, but it just isn’t the same, and generally not as good as what salons have. Also, it’s impossible for me to do my whole body at home.

Finally, does anyone know anywhere where I can buy hot wax from (remember I’m not part of the ‘trade’, just a normal consumer). Ideally Lycon, or I’m ready to try anything else that’s better. I’ve read a lot about perin rigot, and berin. Can anyone PLEASE (a bit desperate) know where I can buy these from.

I’ve done laser, but after 35 treatments on 3 different lasers, I, a long with the Dr’s suggest I stop because it’s just not worth it and I’ll end up in debt. If it hasn’t worked now, it probably will never work for me. (I’m waiting on a miracle…well, that, or a new invention to remove hair).

I can imagine your dilemma here and that the costs to look the way you want to and to feel good about yourself must be stretching you financially.

Don't go buying your own wax pot and trying this at home..it will end in tears without adequate training and experience.
There are lots of wax geeks on this site..maybe a new posting something like "calling all waxers in ????? I need your help" may just do the trick for you.
Alternatively do the good old yellow pages trick and ring around waxers....when you speak to them fully explain your problem and how often you wish to visit them and that..well erm your basically looking for a volume discount(to put it bluntly)
If you get a good price quotation this will enable you to perhaps go back to your existing provider and strike a new deal ...one that your both happier with.
HTH and good luck :hug:

I have clients like you and I charge them an hourly rate rather than charge for each individual body part. It might be hard to negotiate this with a salon, but a home based or mobile therapist may be more willing to do a deal for you. I personally would rather have a regular client who comes every month and is happy with the price, than a client who comes once, feels ripped off, and is never seen again.

I'm in Upminster, Greater London. I'll PM you rather than discuss prices on this thread.

I wouldn't try to do this yourself as it would be impossible. Have you thought about being a model at a college? That would work out a lot cheaper for you. xxx

not to do with waxing as such, but hasnt your doctor offered you any hair retardants?!

i had a client that was given a cream, and it really worked for her. she only used it on her face though.

x

Where abouts are you in west London as I cover most of west London with my treatments. I do not do hot wax but do use Perron Rigot strip wax. I have another client with the same condition as you. Pm me if you would like to look at my website for prices, I think I am pretty reasonable. I am mobile so if you are in my catchment area I would come to you. :hug:

Thank you for your comments.

I have to say i'm way too embarrased to ever offer modeling at a college, although I know that it is a good idea. Just not for me.

There is a cream out there, I have it from the doc's. It comes in a tiny weeny tube, called Vaniqa. However, can only be used on the face and you must use it everyday forever while still removing your hair otherwise it's not effective. I can't use it as I have light skin, but jet black hair. What vaniqa does is leave black dots on my face (i,e the roots). I still (yes...even now) have laser done on my face every 6 weeks. However, I just can't do the body anymore for price and PAIN reasons. Laser on the face has changed my life but a it just wont get rid of it.

The only reason i'm particular on hot wax is because most other waxes give me ingrown hairs and horrible dots/chicken skin. I dont seem to get this with hot wax.

Thanks LOTS for your help. Advice taken.

Hi,
I am sorry to hear you have had so many treatments. I am a nurse and have been doing laser hair removal treatments for almost 5 years. Have you tried the lightsheer diode laser? I used to manage a clinic using this machine and found my hairs remained gone or very little. Its one of the more expensive machines but it really works so started my own business with this machine. I genrally do a top once a year to keep 100% clear. I offer a free consultation and test patch.

If anyone is interested contact me direct. Or feel free to contact me with your enquires.

Maria 07841632115
www.bodyblissclinic.com

Hi,

Yes, I have used the lightsheer and before that I was using the Alexandra. I now only do laser on my face every 6 weeks as lightsheer is just far too painful for me to continue on the body. I know it works for most people, but because mine is linked to hormones, the pain isnt worth the results.

Thank you very much for your post.

Latest posts

Back