Half head colour

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kyle182

Reaction score
Hi my friends daughter has asked if I could colour her hair. She has base shade of 6 which is virgin but wants to part her hair down the middle and have half her natural colour and the other half koleston 12/81. I haven’t done colour for quite some time as I now only cut so a bit rusty. I have ordered some wella blondor. Just wanted some tip on applying the bleach to lift it and then to apply the colour afterwards. I was thinking on doing the pre lightening using foils to gain more control. Using 3% at the back of the head moving up to 6% on top. For applying the tint should I use a peroxide 3% or a pastel? We are aiming for something like the photo.

Attachments

• 662193F7-BDC7-4A42-A64B-74AE28340E4D.jpeg
    662193F7-BDC7-4A42-A64B-74AE28340E4D.jpeg
    152.1 KB · Views: 41
I agree with using foils to get super light canvas. I would be more inclined to use Colour Touch to tone with not 12/81. Maybe 9/16 with 10/81. If you want to use Koleston use 10/86 and 10/16 in with pastel. Don’t use anything from the 12/.

As @james28 says, don't use any 12's they're Highlift tints, not designed for toning.
The best way to re create a 12/81 look on prelightened hair would be to tone with kp 10/86 + 10/1
Or maybe ct 10/81 +10/6
These are just my suggestions (very similar to @james28) I'm sure if you used a combination of any of the colours we've mentioned you would achieve something very similar to the photo, but don't forget it will have to be lifted to a clean level 10 first.

Don’t forget that you won’t be insured to do her hair until restrictions are lifted and you’d need to do a skin test 48 hours beforehand.

Don’t forget that you won’t be insured to do her hair until restrictions are lifted and you’d need to do a skin test 48 hours beforehand.

Interesting, I spoke to my insurers Wednesday and they said I am still covered in a pandemic? Who’s ur insurance with? Mines salon gold.

Thanks for the input guys I won’t be using the colour I said then I’ll take that advice and go with what you’re saying.

Interesting, I spoke to my insurers Wednesday and they said I am still covered in a pandemic? Who’s ur insurance with? Mines salon gold.

Your normal cover will be fine if you’re doing services for the people in your own household.
However, as you can be fined for working with external clients before the restrictions are lifted, I can’t see how your insurer would cover you in those circumstances?

Your normal cover will be fine if you’re doing services for the people in your own household.
However, as you can be fined for working with external clients before the restrictions are lifted, I can’t see how your insurer would cover you in those circumstances?
I would also think this, without government backing I don't see how your insurance would still be valid.

Latest posts

Back