Half head highlights gone wrong!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cjayluke

Reaction score
Hi I'm wondering if I could get some advice regarding my hair? My usual salon refused to see me due to covid19 as I'm a healthcare employee and I couldn't get my usual half head highlights done. Just to say I get my hair done alternating half head, full head foiled highlights just at the root using high lift tint then round my face parting area I get bleach(not sure of vol.) My hair is naturally blonde but a bit darker than I'd like. My hair colour is normally very natural blended neutral blonde. However I went to a new salon and the girl has ruined my hair. I'm assuming she used bleach for half my head but pulled the bleach beyond my root to about shoulder length and it is not blended well. My hair round my face is patchy yellow orange then white blonde(which I didn't ask for.) And my root hasn't been naturally blended and I've now got stripey roots. The worst part is that now my hair up to my shoulders is ashy/yellow orange blonde and the rest of my hair is my normal colour. I'm devastated and I'm just wanting some advice or hope that potentially with time my hair will go back to normal? Or rather how I'd get there? My hair luckily before this is was in immaculate condition extremely soft and now it is a little damaged in parts but my hair hasn't snapped or feels dry. I have photos but I'm not sure if I'm able to link them. If anyone could help me I'd be so grateful.

P.s tried to upload pics but files are too large?

Just wait until the quarantine period is over and see your usual hairdresser. You’re not going to be able to fix it using box dyes as its now a colour correction that’s required. Best you can try is a purple shampoo to tone down the brass.

Realistically, most of us have rubbish hair at the moment, mine desperately needs cutting. :oops:

Just wait until the quarantine period is over and see your usual hairdresser. You’re not going to be able to fix it using box dyes as its now a colour correction that’s required. Best you can try is a purple shampoo to tone down the brass.

Realistically, most of us have rubbish hair at the moment, mine desperately needs cutting. :oops:
I know, I wouldn't attempt to box dye my hair I've seen some horror story examples from self bleached/dyed hair. I've spoken to my usual hair dresser who says it is fixable and it seems my hair has been over processed with bleach in some areas and under in others(where it's yellow.) Would you suggest I wear protective hair styles to stop my hair from getting damaged further? I don't use a hair dryer or straighteners anyway on my hair so not worried that way.

Have you got any Olaplex treatments? You need to add moisture so deep conditioning treatments and Olaplex if you’ve got it. Olaplex can repair some of the broken bonds inside the hair but if the outer cuticle layer is too damaged, then it’s not salvageable and it will need cutting off.

I don't have any olaplex but I've got restoring hair masks and leave on treatments so using those. And not washing my hair as often as I usually do. None of the damaged pieces of my hair have snapped off or looks damaged as such, my hair just feels a bit dryer than normal. So I think it is alright. It's not like straw or stringy to touch. Luckily my hair before this was in great condition so not so worried about that.

Osmo intensive repair mask it's around £10 for over a litre you can buy it online just Google it, I bleached my hair for years but once a week I would leave it on overnight and my hair was in great condition, as good as it could've been due to years of bleaching, I still use it now even though I've toned my hair down

Latest posts

Back