Half head, please help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LyndseyD

Reaction score
Hi there, I really need some help please. I've done a few sets of full head extensions since I completed my course but never a half head. I've had a girl call me tonight to see if I can fit a half head of her own Russian hair on Wednesday morning! I can't really remember much about the placement of half head as they only really touched on it on my course. She says she has 100 strands of pre-bonded Russian hair but can someone please tell me where I should put them? Is it just at the back but leaving a bigger gap between rows and a few at the sides? Or is there a certain pattern I should follow, or leave bigger spaces between bonds?
Please help! I really don't want to turn her down as I need the business but at the same time I want to make a good job of it!
Thank you xx:Scared:

The placement really depends on the length of her natural hair. If she just wants it for volume but not length ( which usually half head is. You would place it mostly in the back of the head ( like a half head literally), up to ears. If you need to place any in front really depends on where she needs it and how her layers look! Every client is different so hard to say about placement when it is not seen.

I'm just terrified that I go up the back of her head like I usually would and then I run out!! What If I don't have enough and it looks really straggly? Should I just leave a bigger gap between the rows, or should I stop two or threes rows short of where I normally would finish? She says she's been wearing extensions on and off for about 7 years? I'm really stressing out about it! I always thought a half head would look silly as you'll be able to see where the extra strands are? I know I'm getting my knickers in a twist, but I'm really panicking about it in case it looks awful! :( xx

How much longer are the extensions than the natural hair? If not much longer then start maybe a bit higher on head so she can wear her hair up?

Eek! I don't even know! :o I haven't met her yet, she called me up tonight, said she'd heard I 'did hair extensions' and could I please fit her in on Wednesday morning! I'm guessing (hoping and praying) that if she's a regular extension wearer that she will have an idea of how she likes to wear them? I will just have to have a look and if I think that it's going to look silly at the the end up (if she's using them for length rather than thickness) then I will just have to say no. I need the business, but I need my reputation more!
Eugh! I feel sick worrying about this now, I constantly doubt myself when I'm faced with something new!

Do you think if i start slightly further up and use a sort of brick layer pattern that would be the best way to keep it natural looking? I'm so sorry for all the questions! xx

Latest posts

Back