Half leg wax?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beckiemariya

Reaction score
Is 30 mins for a half leg wax a reasonable time for the treatment or should I try to get quicker??

X

It depends on a few different factors:

How long have you been waxing?
What are you using?
Are you home/mobile/salon based?

I've been qualified 8 years, use Phd wax and work for myself in my salon. I can do a half leg wax in 10 minutes.

Is 30 mins for a half leg wax a reasonable time for the treatment or should I try to get quicker??

X

You can get it down to half that time - but to be honest, if you are happy with that time, then there is no need to speed it up at all. Sometimes its nice to give that extra little time to clients

Im certainly not the fastest waxer on the planet - but happy with things as they are at the moment.

I have only done it on about 4 occasions I newly qualified this year doing waxing on a few mates but just worried about my time I'm taking doing it. X

I do half leg wax in about 10/15 minutes.
I only got quicker when I saw a speed waxing video and it just clicked!
So what I do is get the front of the leg (minus the knees) covered in wax and take all that off with the same strip.

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

I have only done it on about 4 occasions I newly qualified this year doing waxing on a few mates but just worried about my time I'm taking doing it. X

You will get quicker, the more you do.

here is a great little vid of Lori Nestore (Wax Queen) demonstrating a half leg wax. Its real easy, and if you follow this - you won't go far wrong
Hope this helps
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_kSNbVursY
Terry

Thanks for the replies! Very helpful indeed going to try the video method next leg wax I do! 😊😊😊 x

If you have just started out then don't worry about your time. Concentrate on achieving a perfect smooth leg ;)
I can't remember what it was like in the beginning but I'm positive I wasn't as fast as I am now! I book 15 mins but am always done in under 10.
Be methodical.
Practice.
It picks up :D

Sent from my SGH-I337M using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited:
That's a good video. I've been looking on the internet for a good full leg video, has anyone seen any? How long does it take to do a full leg wax for you all?

X

That's not a bad start but allow 20mins next time and you'll surprise yourself. However long you allow yourself is how long you'll take (in most cases). Then aim for a 15 minute slot in your diary.

In reply to Louise. Some people say that they can do a full leg in 15 to 20 mins and on some clients you can. These are clients that get waxed regularly. However, if it's not a regular client and you don't know if they'r been shaving or when they last shaved, it could take you between 45 mins to and hour as you'll be tweezing and struggling to remove hair that is too short.

You have to educate your clients and set guidelines. Say on your website that they must have a minimum of 4 weeks growth from their last wax or 3 weeks from their last shave. Any less will take you twice as long.

Nest time you're watching a leg wax video, take a close look at how hairy their legs are.

Very true! Kim I wish you'd do a video! :hug:

Took me 70 mins to do full leg for my first assignment, doing it again tomorrow really can't see how i will get it down to 45 mins so I can pass any tips on full leg.

Kim you are so right surely she had no hair in the first place! I'm a natural mousy blonde and my leg hair is so noticeable! Her skin is very dark!!
I do this method though you can get a wax done in 15/20 minutes. Not done a half leg for ages though so I may be a bit slower now! Xx

Took me 70 mins to do full leg for my first assignment, doing it again tomorrow really can't see how i will get it down to 45 mins so I can pass any tips on full leg.
Be methodical and work in sections.

Ok, once you've cleansed and put a tiny amount of oil on if you use it..........

1. Apply wax to the entire front lower leg from under the knee down to the ankle. Then methodically start removing from the ankle upwards.

2. Inspect for any stray hairs and remove.

3. Do the same on the other leg.

4. Bend the knee and apply your wax to the entire knee and remove. Same on the other side,

5. Apply wax to the feet if there's hair there. Same on the other side.

6. Once you've quickly inspected those areas for every hair, apply oil so your client doesn't stick and turn them over onto their front.

7. Apply wax to the entire lower leg and remove from the ankle upwards. The back of the calves are very quick and easy to do. Apply oil afterwards so they're not sticky.

TIP: If your client moves and gets stuck to the couch roll and you're having a job getting it off, just apply wax over the couch roll that's stuck to them and wax it off.

TIP: Don't stop to look at the hair on the strip in amazement every time you pull it off, just get in the wax zone and bang bang bang..........keep ripping.

TIP: Tell your clients that if they turn up with leg hair that has been shaved within the last 3 weeks then you won't wax them. Shaved hair can take twice as long.

TIP: Apply your wax nice and thin. The thinner the wax, the less you'll hurt your client and less mess.

TIP: Once your strip gets too loaded with wax, throw it and grab a new one. It gets a cleaner result.

I have never tried using oil when waxing do many of you use it? I use pre wax lotion to start then the after wax lotion at the end but is the oil better? I would think if you use oil to start then the wax wouldn't stick to the hair as well? And by using oil after would it not irritate the skin at all? Also what lol do you use is it say oil or a specific waxing oil? Would appreciate any advice.

Latest posts

Back