Half moon manicure...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PrincessNails

Reaction score
How do you do yours? Do you cover the nail in the colour choice for the half moon then carefully polish the fuller part or other way round?

I do this on myself, haven't done it on someone else as yet. I paint the whole nail first in the colour for the half moon, then when completely dry I place round stickers over the area I don't want painted then go over the rest of the nail with the main colour. There is probably a PROPER way to do it but it works on me and makes for a really neat finish

I paint the whole nail in a background colour, then paint the half moon... If using Shellac I just use the Shellac colour then tidy the half moon with a gel brush and IPA, but with polish I find it easier to use a striper brush to make the half moon (more detailed). Xx

Interesting ... but don't you find that the second colour whether for the half moon or the other section ends up a different colour shade because of the base colour? i.e. layering colours? Hope the way I've worded this makes sense :confused:

Latest posts

Back