Halloween / bonfire party! need help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heatherlily

Reaction score
hellooo :) right il try and fill you in on whats happened as simply as possible. basically me and my boyfriend have moved into our first house were buying together 6 months ago, and its a project to say the least! litterally the whole place needed floors ripped up walls stripped down and re done.
so anyways, we have been busy doing the house up till now but was talking the other day about bonfire night. we were discussing weather or not to go a big local display near us or not but, as i am 6 months pregnant decided it wouldnt be a good idea due to risk of being banged into ect... This is what then gave us the idea of having a bonfire night party at our house instead with family and friends.
we have not done anything like this before so its all new to us lol. as i mentioned earlyer our house is a building site so we thought it would be perfect as it will be a outside kind of party mainly anyway and we have a huge back garden so it all sounds like such a great idea so far. and we wont be worrying about mess lol. (kids spilling drinks ect) what i need help with is ideas on what to do at the party. we will be having a big bonfire at the back of the garden a firework display and some kind of food. but what food im not sure??? and what can we have to entertain the children? im just stuck on sparklers and little halloween party bags to take home with them. there will be quite a few so was trying to think of a few games we can play maybe but what are good halloween games? ooo and thats the other thing, our party will be on bonfire night but is it okay to tie halloween in with that though as it 5 days after? let me no ur thoughts please ppl, its important for us as when our baby boy is born in jan we want to be able to throw nice partys for him to enjoy so want this one to be good so ppl will not want to miss later ones haha.
thank youuuu in adv xxx

Not sure what kind of games to play but I would make a big pot of chili and a big pot of sloppy joes for the food. Also, bake up a big batch of cornbread muffins. Have a chili bar set up; sour cream, cut up onions, shredded cheese, etc. so guests can customize their chili.

Also, kids would LOVE glow in the dark bracelets.

Sounds like a fun party! :)

Sounds like you're going to be having a great time - I want to come! Haha!
What about apple bobbing then getting sweet out of flour with your mouth straight after...makes a lovely mess - my Brownies used to love this game!

Kxx

OOO some good ideas girls thanks! liking the idea of glow stick just dont no how much they are? think they might work out expensive to buy enough im trying to do this on a budget as much as possible. the flour after apple bobbing is funny that sounds like good fun :)
after looking on line im also thinking of asking the kids to bring there own gut fawkes if they want to throw on bonfire might be fun to c them all :) xx

Pound shop and 99p stores more often than not sell glow-sticks x

Pound shop and 99p stores more often than not sell glow-sticks x

after putting this ive just been looking and there not actually expensive are they lol. dont no why i thought they were :p
on ebay there quite good for under a tenner you can buy packs 0f 100. so excited about my party :D :D

The pack in the poundshops & wilkinsons have between 15 & 20 glow bangles for around a pound (obviously £1 shop is £1 but Wilko is about £1.20 per pack).

I would say do a treasure hunt where you draw a map or clues that lead from one place, to the next clue or piece of the map, and at the end there could be a bag of those gold/silver coins or a token hidden at the end to redeem a pack of sweets each from you. (Obviously have the bonfire & firework area as out of bounds you don't want any accidents).

You could do best fancy dress competition for the children or the best guy forks gets a prize, also the best child to write a ghost story and they can read it out around the bonfire. Younger children could do a scarey picture instead of a story. Have little prizes like lollies or 10p sweets for all the games.

Then there are apples on strings with hands tied behind back (tie cotton on an apple and they have to try to bite it - it goes round in circles for ages and is funny to watch). This can also be done with mini dougnuts and is lots of fun for little children :).

The pack in the poundshops & wilkinsons have between 15 & 20 glow bangles for around a pound (obviously £1 shop is £1 but Wilko is about £1.20 per pack).

I would say do a treasure hunt where you draw a map or clues that lead from one place, to the next clue or piece of the map, and at the end there could be a bag of those gold/silver coins or a token hidden at the end to redeem a pack of sweets each from you. (Obviously have the bonfire & firework area as out of bounds you don't want any accidents).

You could do best fancy dress competition for the children or the best guy forks gets a prize, also the best child to write a ghost story and they can read it out around the bonfire. Younger children could do a scarey picture instead of a story. Have little prizes like lollies or 10p sweets for all the games.

Then there are apples on strings with hands tied behind back (tie cotton on an apple and they have to try to bite it - it goes round in circles for ages and is funny to watch). This can also be done with mini dougnuts and is lots of fun for little children :).

ooo some more brill ideas. thank you muchly :) good idea with fancy dress/best guy fawkes i like that :)
really want people to enjoy it but i think you forget how exciting just simple things like glow sticks are when your younger haha.
I was also thinking maybe do a pass the parcel and then like you mention buy lots of the 10p sweets for each layer or every other layer. keeps it fun for everybody then :) xx

alrady so many fab idea's. we did apple bobbing, sticky ice ringed donuts tied on string on a witches broomstick, squirting sweetie bugs in a flour cake, made a huge caldron of green cooked speggetti for a lucky dip- got plastic balls to put small gifts in...
im sure you are going to have loads of fun

I've just brought a pumpkin piñata from m&s for my Halloween house warming party!

I go a bit mad Halloween I love decorating the house, basically I just cut black bin bags at the seams to open them out and tape these ALL over my Walls, put some of those spider webs up and put red or green bulbs in my lights, for games I do a large bowl of jelly and hide spiders/eyeballs etc in (all cheap and easy to get) and also a big bowl of cooked spaghetti, spaghetti they use hands, jelly they use mouths to find the hidden objects, the one who finds the most is the winner, also buy cheap couch roll/kitchen roll and the kids get to mummify an adult, again the quickest team to wrap the adult completely wins :) hth

Sorry just had to add another game, if you don't mind a bit of mess, two trays, one with jam (again hidden objects like plastic spiders so can't choke) and one with small marshmallows or sprinkles, blind folded, use mouth to find objects, very messy but the kids love it ;)

loving all these ideas thank you ppl :) i saw something on ebay that has given me a great idea aswell. someone on there was selling labekls for bottles of pop! maddness lol who would waste there money it would be much more fun to make them your self haha. these labels were for 2litre bottles of pop and the labels names were Creepy cola, Dr fizz and spirit goul.
sooooo this gave me a idea! im gioing to buy about 20ish of those panda pops. you no the small bottles of pop? take the labells of them and add my own :) i can do all sorts of different names each one will be different as i will have drawn them myself :) i may even add a few sparkles to them aswell. what do you guys think?
also loving the jelly ideas ppl :) might be making some kind of spooky jelly hands :) xx

have been busy buying decorations and have already started on making some labels for the kids drinks :) 280718435563_1.jpg

293426_10150310811142000_622696999_8368914_1216329410_a.jpg

Attachments

• 291875_10150310811442000_622696999_8368917_1061403721_n.jpg
    291875_10150310811442000_622696999_8368917_1061403721_n.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 61

Latest posts

Back