Halo gel polish - applying nail art

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ems123

Reaction score
I have been using this and it’s proving ok so far. My problem with it is that after the second coat has been cured I am struggling a little with nail art? This could be my inexperience?
However, I don’t find it as tacky as cnd shellac? So when I use foils for instance I have to press them very firmly rather than a light touch with shellac.
Also nail stickers struggled a little.
Any advice pls? Xx

I seem to remember Gemma Lambert saying that the Halo polishes cure with barely any inhibition layer. I'm not sure I'm imagining this, but I also seem to remeber her saying to only partially cure if you require a sticky layer, for say glitter and foil, or you could use a topcoat which cures with more of a sticky layer.

Thanks so much for replying!
It really threw me the other day after using cnd and then using halo...
I’m going to have a play shortly on a colour wheel and just cure for 30 secs, see if that makes the foils and other stickers stay put! Xx

Let us know how you get on, I'm sure other people on here will have the same problem as you! :)

I use gellux and it isn’t as sticky as shellac so also struggle with nail art!

I will let you know tomorrow. I didn’t get around to practicing tonight! Xx

Your no
I seem to remember Gemma Lambert saying that the Halo polishes cure with barely any inhibition layer. I'm not sure I'm imagining this, but I also seem to remeber her saying to only partially cure if you require a sticky layer, for say glitter and foil, or you could use a topcoat which cures with more of a sticky layer.[/QUOT

You’re not imagining it, they’re virtually dry

They aren’t aren’t they?
Better after a 30 sec cure rather than 60? X

Latest posts

Back