Hamster help !!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm another follower of the Hamster House of Horrors Saga . . . . well??? Any joy yet? (Please not the dog . . . )

yeah i bet he is in the middle of the room between all the cupboards you have there.

i hope you have read these before searching for him....then you can have a giggle when you find him instead of tapping his little hairy bum for being naughty!!!!!

Its alright for you lot.. reading this and sitting there laughing your heads off.. You are not the ones trying to catch the little sod..:irked:

I have got home from work and the goodies in the trap are still there, I am hoping it is sound asleep and will venture out tonight and BANG got it !!!

PLEASE KEEP THEM FINGERS CROSSED

I plan on setting some kind of trap in each room in tempt it out..

Keep posted:eek:

sorry hun...hope this will help xxxxxx:green:
Tips on Finding and Catching a Hamster on the Loose

Hamsters are surprisingly good escape artists and sometimes get away when they are out to play. They can fit into tiny spaces and can disappear quickly, and getting them back can be tricky. If you are lucky, just leaving their cage open might be enough to entice a lost hamster back home. In the meantime, here are some tips to help you find a lost hamster:
Where to Look
The first thing to do is to look in some common hiding places. Do a thorough search as soon as possible after you lose your hamster, remembering your lost hamster is probably scared and will look for a secure hiding spot: Tracking a Lost Hamster

I sware when I get my hands on it, I will place a tracking device upon it somewhere:eek:

Twice this little sod has run away.. my friend lost it for 4 days:eek: then found it in the airing cupboard..

I have till the 7th Nov

o dear
my hamster escaped in the car on the way home when we brought it mom and dad finished the shopping and we were put inthe car with strict orders not to open the box ... we did and i ran down my sisters skirt under the passenger seat and through the air vent in the footwell and we just watched it go!!!
dad found it 6 hours later in with the wires of the gear stick!!
nothing chewed but big stress tho he lived for 3 years after his adventure!!

Keep on with the bucket!! prob the best way to catch the little bugger!!
if not buy a new one - it just depends how well the kids can keep the fact its a new one secret!!lol!!!
Good luck - hope your house doesnt get chewed any more

Oh Liz, I do feel for you.

I remember all too well when my father let the budgie out of it's cage and it flew straight out the window .... he had to make a quick dash to the pet shop to replace it before my brother realised it was missing!

Good luck and keep us posted.

Keep the doors of every room closed tonight. Hopefully there are no holes he can get through from room to room. In each room put a chunk of apple in the middle of the floor, or a couple of chunks if it is a big room. In the morning you should know by the chewed apple which room he is in. Still keep the door closed of that room, and at least it narrows down your search area. This trick worked for my friend when she was babysitting a hamster.
You could do this in conjunction with the bucket trap, although maybe he might prefer the apple and not venture up the slope. I suppose maybe try the bucket first as it seems a much easier way to catch it, and then if it doesn't work then you could try the apple.
Good luck anyway!
Marion x

Just thought I would add this . . . one of my clients was telling me when she babysat a hamster, it escaped . . . . miraculously she left the cage door open and the next day he was back, all by himself and curled up in his house fast asleep, that's good, she thought, I need never say that he escaped. Well that was the good news . . . . . . the bad news is that when he came out that evening he was minus a leg and an ear! :eek: :eek: :lol:

Hope you find him soon xx

Just thought I would add this . . . one of my clients was telling me when she babysat a hamster, it escaped . . . . miraculously she left the cage door open and the next day he was back, all by himself and curled up in his house fast asleep, that's good, she thought, I need never say that he escaped. Well that was the good news . . . . . . the bad news is that when he came out that evening he was minus a leg and an ear! :eek: :eek: :lol:

That is such a shame for the poor hamster but OMG I laughed so loud at that, it was the :eek: at the end that set it off lmfao.

Was the hamster ok despite his missing leg and ear:eek:

Rachel

yes liz, this may sound stupid but you HAVE checked his bedding havent you, i mean he hasnt got back in? only because we had six or seven hamsters when we were little and they invariably all escaped at one time or another.

One went missing for 6 weeks then we bought a new one and bingo one morning he was sitting on the cabinet looking at the new hamster in the cage!!! we had to buy another cage lol, :smack:

Anyway once we had one go missing and we spent 48 hrs searching everywhere, fridge and cooker in middle of kitchen, blocking off holes etc, disconnecting fires the lot, and then my brother just happened to be looking in the cage for his favourite toy, when he found him curled up snuggly in all the wooly bedding they have, little blighter was safe n sound and we'd pulled house to bits searching for him rofl

wont tell you the saga's about the others and what happened to them, they wernt as lucky lol and neither were 3 of our 4 budgies pmsl:lol:

anyway hope you find him hun xxxxxx

That is such a shame for the poor hamster but OMG I laughed so loud at that, it was the :eek: at the end that set it off lmfao.

Was the hamster ok despite his missing leg and ear:eek:

Rachel

Yes he was fine . . . bet she had trouble explaining that away though lol Apparently if they get stuck somewhere they will chew a limb off to free themselves.:eek: (Doesn't explain the ear though does it lmao)

Yes he was fine . . . bet she had trouble explaining that away though lol Apparently if they get stuck somewhere they will chew a limb off to free themselves.:eek: (Doesn't explain the ear though does it lmao)

OMG it's like the film Saw 2 now:eek:. The poor little thing. I wonder what happened with his ear then:hug:. I wont sleep now thinkin about that :eek:

Am still up pondering the missing ear!!!!!!!!

We have closed the dood to the hall.. but the whole of my downstairs is open plan.. (I bet he is moving around all the time:irked:)

Trap still in one piece this morning, so he did not fall for that one again:eek:

We still have 6 days to go before the little sod has to go home..

KEEP THEM FINGERS CROSSED:lol::lol::lol:

Well there is now tea all over the keyboard!:lol::lol::lol:

Note to self - never offer to babysit a hamster (with one notable exception, before anyone says anything:wink2:)

You lot really arn,t helping the situation are you !!!!:irked:

I come on this site to get help and guideance... bbuuuuttt nnnnooooooo
all you do it tell your little horror stories and sit there laughing..

You all call yourselfs mates... phewwwwww shame on you all:smack::smack:

You lot really arn,t helping the situation are you !!!!:irked:

I come on this site to get help and guideance... bbuuuuttt nnnnooooooo
all you do it tell your little horror stories and sit there laughing..

You all call yourselfs mates... phewwwwww shame on you all:smack::smack:

Aw, sorry hun! I really hope you find him, promise. :hug: We'll all be good from now on, won't we everyone?:green:

Still mates?:green:

Aw, sorry hun! I really hope you find him, promise. :hug: We'll all be good from now on, won't we everyone?:green:

Still mates?:green:
I will let you off this time. (hic up) but any more teasing and the chopper with have to come out (sniff sniff):cry:

I am begining to think I am a wicked person.. if you knew of all the crawl things i have done to small defencive little creatures. (I don,t know wether you would laugh or cry more :rolleyes:)

Dogs and cats are all safe .... but anything smaller (DEAD within a week or two)

I will let you off this time. (hic up) but any more teasing and the chopper with have to come out (sniff sniff):cry:

That's what worried me! No sign of the little fella, then?

Latest posts

Back