Hand cream...Saint or sinner??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chameleon

Reaction score
Hi geeks...

Last night ,as i was putting on some solar oil on my nails and cuticles,and "locking " it in with some solar hand cream...it got me wondering...How many of you religously...and i mean this seriously put on your oil,and cream...and how many times..?

twice a day,3 times a day...or more!!??

Now winters coming,dryness is a real killer for the hands and nails...let alone the ageing process from sun exposure,and hands being in and out of water...do you moisturise your hands after you have washed them aswell??

Im always advising clients about the ageing process of the hands,and to NEVER let the nails,cuticles,or skin dry out:!:

So are you walking adverts of your job...after all what with ageing of the face and neck...so many of us miss the hands...and it should not!

After all,we should be passionate as about hand and foot care aswell as skin care!

If this needs to be moved to the skin forum thats fine...but as its hand and nail related i think this should be aimed at us nail geeks too...LOL:lol:

I'm extremely religious with my oil and handcream .... guess that makes me a saint then! :eek:

I'm a bit pants with hand cream, but I practically bath in my oil. I have one at home, one on my desk and one in my handbag!

Everytime I wash my hands I cream them after. I have handcream everywhere, handbag, car, upstairs, downstairs, at work, you name it.
A man once told me he can tell the age of a woman by looking at her hands.
By the way, check out some of the Celebs' hands, e.g. Madona...

Guess Im a Saint aswell then, like A1Diva, everytime I was I use Solar silk, I have a bit of OCD when it comes to washing my hands, and I cant stand the sight of dry crusty cuticles so they have a good oiling aswell, or if Im out then i'll slick some solar balm on!
xxx

I'm such a sinner...... I'm a saint in thought though - I regularly think ooh I'll oil my nails in a minute, or ooh I'll put some hand cream on..... but then I don't. I do use hand cream befor bed every night, so I'm not quite the devil incarnate!

Even when I've got enhancements on I can't be relied upon to use Solar Oil regularly (but I do tell my clients off if they don't:))

hmmm you know when you get that really dry tight feeling on your hands? Especially when you've been cleaning, thats when I put mine on!!!!

I'm a big time sinner.

hmmm you know when you get that really dry tight feeling on your hands? Especially when you've been cleaning, thats when I put mine on!!!!

Thats me too!

I am a total saint....and keep it by the bed along with oil and foot balm and apply every night.
Well as long as I've not had a drink that is....

im a saint, i use solar oil and or balm every day mostly 2 or 3 times , every morning and before bed and then times like while im waiting to pick kids up or when in a queue etc lol

and i try to use handcream when ive washed my hands,

i must admit, ive got solar oil, in my make up bag, in the car, by the bed lol, even my kids ask for it all the time now rofl:lol:

just wish my hands looked like i give them this careful looking after, cos quite honestly they never look good to me:mad:

nail oil once a day, my hands dont dry out, neither do my nails but I use it to keep the enhancement plasticised.. hands get a bit of moisturiser at night but thats only cuz I slather it all over my face lol

Hi geeks...

Last night ,as i was putting on some solar oil on my nails and cuticles,and "locking " it in with some solar hand cream...it got me wondering...How many of you religously...and i mean this seriously put on your oil,and cream...and how many times..?

twice a day,3 times a day...or more!!??

Now winters coming,dryness is a real killer for the hands and nails...let alone the ageing process from sun exposure,and hands being in and out of water...do you moisturise your hands after you have washed them aswell??

Im always advising clients about the ageing process of the hands,and to NEVER let the nails,cuticles,or skin dry out

So are you walking adverts of your job...after all what with ageing of the face and neck...so many of us miss the hands...and it should not!

After all,we should be passionate as about hand and foot care aswell as skin care!

If this needs to be moved to the skin forum thats fine...but as its hand and nail related i think this should be aimed at us nail geeks too...LOL:lol:
i personally use "mays barrier cream2 i know that it is for use on your skin prior to using chemicals such as acrylic ,but it works wonders for me

Total sinner, I can't stand cream between my fingers, or even toes.

That is the only bit I hate about mani/pedi that I have to do a massage with cream - ugh

i lose count of the number of times i apply hand cream in a day! cant live without it! i also put my cuticle oil on approx 2-3 times a day at least! i think im slightly addicted to both! lol :lol:

I'm a bit of a failure, I try to use solar oil after I've showered and dried my hair but I nearly always forget.
But at night I lay in bed and put ooodles of oil on my nails and hands and that stops me feeling too guilty :)

Latest posts

Back