Hand creams good or bad for gel polish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sophii

Reaction score
Could anyone help me out? By this I mean does using moisturisers affect the gel polish by causing lifting etc or is it good to keep the area moisturised with lotion as you would with cuticle oil?

In my experience Ponds Coco butter is horrendous for causing lifting

In my experience Ponds Coco butter is horrendous for causing lifting

Thank you, do you know of any hand creams that dont cause lifting?

Thank you, do you know of any hand creams that dont cause lifting?

I'm a CND girl so I only sell and recommended their Almond Hydrating Lotion and Spa range

I recommend cuticle oil more than hand cream if they are looking to keep the nail area moisturised. x

From what I understand any cream/lotion that contains lanolin and mineral oils any type of barrier oil is not good and can cause lifting. Lotions/oils that can cause lifting: such as ones with high fragrance, due to too high of alcohol content which is very drying for products which can lead to a greater chance of breakdown in product. Also products that have water listed in the first ingredient is a good product to avoid do to dryness and the need to keep on having to re apply lotion.
Penetrating oils are good for nails like jojoba oil, vitamin E, almond, avocado. As a side note some clients use olive oil....some do it to replace actual cuticle oil and im not to sure how I feel about that.
Overall it is important for clients to use penetrating oils between services to help with the longevity of the gel polish. But it is especially important to inform clients what kind of lotions to avoid and which ones are beneficial.
I usually recommend salves.
sources:https://www.nailsmag.com/598849/if-...use-it-and-to-tell-clients-to-use-cuticle-oil

Latest posts

Back