Hand filing acrylic hand pain

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RD Beauty

Reaction score
Hi all acrylic Geeks I have been doing acrylics for 10 years and now I am getting a lot busier I am getting pain/craps in my hands.
Do you have any suggestions how I can protect myself from this, and any tips on relief?

I use an electric file. You need to take a qualification.. But it makes life a lot easier.

I use an electric file. You need to take a qualification.. But it makes life a lot easier.

Yes I have been thinking about doing this for some time. I’m just a little unsure as my clients like me because I hand file, but I can’t compromise with the pain much longer.

Does anyone have advice of a good efile course?

Hi all acrylic Geeks I have been doing acrylics for 10 years and now I am getting a lot busier I am getting pain/craps in my hands.
Do you have any suggestions how I can protect myself from this, and any tips on relief?

Hand massage! Not just for clients! :) and look up massage therapy hand exercises. They’ve even helped me through forearm injuries from weight training. Couldn’t cope without my hand exercises!

Ok thanks for that will have a look

Heated wheatbag from ebay helps mine x

Heated wheatbag from ebay helps mine x

Thanks I will try a wheat bag or maybe use my heated mitts. I think I do need an efile course though as I want to protect myself long term.

I've done the INK London e-file course too - and bought their e-file. It's a. Dry reasonably priced course and covered everything.
I've noticed a huge improvement with the pain I was getting. I explain to all new clients that I am fully trained and insured to use it and how I am only using the coarser bits to remove the gel polish down to the overlay and just de-bulking a bit for infilling and then I show them on my hand how gentle the cuticle bit is. They've all been fine with it.

Latest posts

Back