Hand filing, acrylic with gel?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

periwinklebeauty

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I am new here so sorry if there is already a thread regarding this...

I have recently just qualified in acrylic and gel nails and I'm just a bit unsure on how much to charge for my treatments. Most salons tend to charge £15 for gel/shellac and then around £25 for acrylic and shellac/gel. I've attached some pictures of gel nails with nail art I've recently done, I've used glitters, foils and hand drawn nail art, would you charge 50p per nail for nail art as I've seen that this is what most salons seem to be doing...

As I've only just qualified obviously I am not yet able to use an efile & I will be doing this after Christmas, would it be better to just offer acrylic and gel opposed to coloured acrylic as filing off back down to the clear would be too time consuming when it comes to doing infilling/redesigning? What would you suggest?

Any help and tips would be appreciated!

Thank you! :)

IMG_20181017_130213_517.jpg

IMG_20181017_191120_952.jpg

Hello everyone! I am new here so sorry if there is already a thread regarding this...

I have recently just qualified in acrylic and gel nails and I'm just a bit unsure on how much to charge for my treatments. Most salons tend to charge £15 for gel/shellac and then around £25 for acrylic and shellac/gel. I've attached some pictures of gel nails with nail art I've recently done, I've used glitters, foils and hand drawn nail art, would you charge 50p per nail for nail art as I've seen that this is what most salons seem to be doing...

As I've only just qualified obviously I am not yet able to use an efile & I will be doing this after Christmas, would it be better to just offer acrylic and gel opposed to coloured acrylic as filing off back down to the clear would be too time consuming when it comes to doing infilling/redesigning? What would you suggest?

Any help and tips would be appreciated!

Thank you! :)

View attachment 208089
View attachment 208090

I added colour and nail art with gel polish until I felt confident and had completed efile training now I use coloured powders instead.

Your prices seem quite cheap, make sure you’re not under charging.

I find it easier to have set prices rather than so much for each item. My clients also prefer knowing what their appointment will cost.

Latest posts

Back